• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hound740

Sep 14, 2020
    Bethesda Maryalnd
    Hello, I have a C&R Liscence issued to me when I was in Texas I moved to Maryland last August but did not know where I would be, Now I am going to be in Bethesda for the forseeable future, How would I get the licsence to be legal in Maryland. I haven't bought any guns with the Liscence since moving from Texas and I returned the gun I had in Texas. I still have a Texas drivers license. Thank you. And if this query has been asked before my apologies, just tell me where to look in the forum,

regards, Paras

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    First, you probably have a C&R License. (Sorry spelling NAZI in me)

From my research... in your original packet, there should be an amendment form.
    You can fill that out and send it in. I have also seen where people write a letter with the new address and mail it in.

Have you checked the ATF website?

Good Luck. I am so sorry you had to move away from TX.

Hound740

Sep 14, 2020
    Bethesda Maryalnd
    Thanks. Well not much of a culture shock I am originally from the NYC/NJ area and lived there most of my life and it is almost impossible to get a gun even a flintlock rifle which is illegal. You need a gun permit to buy a BB gun in New Jersey last time I was there. I won't miss the hot Texas weather and blazing Texas sun though. Anyways thanks for the info I will write the letter to the local sheriff and the ATF.

regards, Paras

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    First, you probably have a C&R License. (Sorry spelling NAZI in me)

From my research... in your original packet, there should be an amendment form.
    You can fill that out and send it in. I have also seen where people write a letter with the new address and mail it in.

Have you checked the ATF website?

Good Luck. I am so sorry you had to move away from TX.
    I agree with the above but......

OP; as an FFL03, you have the responsibility to be aware of the specifics of your license and how to deal with changes/amendments and all the other requirements.
    Sorry but it's not just a piece of paper that lets you buy guns.

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    I moved from frederick to myersville and knew I had to file a form telling the ATF I'd moved, they reissue my C&R with the new address printed on it.

I also had NFA items and had to report that change of address to ATF, too. They wanted notice even before my move.

Also had to send a letter to sheriff Jenkins telling FredCo of my change of address regarding the two item above.

Bottom line, lots of paperwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom