Stripped TommyBuilt TMP receiver Handgun board submission?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    Hey guys, short and sweet, this fella isn't on the roster, and I'd like to build a pistol with one. Does this need to be submitted as a complete firearm, or can the stripped receiver go to the roster for approval / does it have to go at all, ala AR stripped lower?

Last edited:

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    As I understand it, the roster only applies to the transfer of handguns built after a certain date. It doesn’t apply to virgin receivers.

You can’t legally build a copy of an listed “assault pistol”

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Does it need to be on the roster to build? Pardon my ignorance on this, but I thought it only needed to be on the roster to sell as a completed pistol.

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    Does it need to be on the roster to build? Pardon my ignorance on this, but I thought it only needed to be on the roster to sell as a completed pistol.

This is what I'm unclear on as well. I understand it'd probably be 77R'd if I attempted to purchase it given it's a stripped receiver, and can be made into either. But I don't know if the roster applies or not.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This is what I'm unclear on as well. I understand it'd probably be 77R'd if I attempted to purchase it given it's a stripped receiver, and can be made into either. But I don't know if the roster applies or not.

I'm going by the AR 15 receiver model. Buy receiver(stripped or built), wait 7-8 days, pick up receiver, build pistol.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Hey guys, short and sweet, this fella isn't on the roster, and I'd like to build a pistol with one. Does this need to be submitted as a complete firearm, or can the stripped receiver go to the roster for approval / does it have to go at all, ala AR stripped lower?

Receivers do NOT need to be on the roster in order to build a firearm from them.

BrianS

Apr 26, 2010
    I'm going by the AR 15 receiver model. Buy receiver(stripped or built), wait 7-8 days, pick up receiver, build pistol.

This applies to the Tommy Built one as well. Transfer through Engage to make it easy since they have his info already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom