• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    And since the psa ak74 was put on the banned list in February I was really surprised that RD made a 74 because it's seemingly has gone under the radar. It's a shame the PSA was put on the list but the 74's they have put out seem to have issues with them especially with the front trunnions and bolts.

That's not really surprising. The front trunnion is hard to machine and made of really good steel. I assumed domestic manufacturing would skimp out

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    And since the psa ak74 was put on the banned list in February I was really surprised that RD made a 74 because it's seemingly has gone under the radar. It's a shame the PSA was put on the list but the 74's they have put out seem to have issues with them especially with the front trunnions and bolts.

Again, the MSP list is not legally binding. They say do themselves.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    In addition to the AK47 it also says

xxvii) Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format;

I would think that covers the AK 74. I could be wrong but I’m not sure I’d want to pay the lawyer that could split that hair.

May 13, 2005
    I'm not familiar with this RD, but there is another RD = Rifle Dynamics, which is arguably probably the best AK builder in the US. Their stuff is worth every penny.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    In addition to the AK47 it also says

xxvii) Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format;

I would think that covers the AK 74. I could be wrong but I’m not sure I’d want to pay the lawyer that could split that hair.

If you go by their history, AR-15’s in 5.56 are banned in all but the HBAR config. AR-15’s in any other caliber are gtg in any barrel config because they are not 100% interchangeable.

The AK-47 is banned. The AK-74 is only banned under PSA because it is a “copy of a banned firearm”. The AK-74 isn’t mentioned on its own anywhere else (as the AK-47 is). Of course, this is MSP.

Last edited:

St-Mtx.

May 28, 2021
    I'm not familiar with this RD, but there is another RD = Rifle Dynamics, which is arguably probably the best AK builder in the US. Their stuff is worth every penny.

I wish it was a Rifle Dynamics that would be amazing.
    But no in this case RD means Riley Defense.

St-Mtx.

May 28, 2021
    That's not really surprising. The front trunnion is hard to machine and made of really good steel. I assumed domestic manufacturing would skimp out

From what Riley Defense said on the sight and I'm kinda skeptical of it they say the trunnions are forged on the AK 74 series

Now I'm not sure if they are saying forged as in forged billet or true forged forged trunnions. because all it says is forged. Which is why I'm going to be watching the front trunnion closely.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    FOLKS , The PSA should not be on the banned list but IF somebody sends in a letter asking if it is legal and does not show proof of the gun being legal MSP will automatically mark it banned . IF we send pics of the parts of the PSA AK74 not fitting a AK 47 rifle and a detailed explanation the ban can be reversed .The real issue is everybody sending in letters asking if it is legal with out explain why it should be legal and does not meet the current requirement of 100 % interchangeable parts with the AK47 rifle .

Kmic14

Slimy Member
    Apr 17, 2020
    Baltimore City
    FOLKS , The PSA should not be on the banned list but IF somebody sends in a letter asking if it is legal and does not show proof of the gun being legal MSP will automatically mark it banned . IF we send pics of the parts of the PSA AK74 not fitting a AK 47 rifle and a detailed explanation the ban can be reversed .The real issue is everybody sending in letters asking if it is legal with out explain why it should be legal and does not meet the current requirement of 100 % interchangeable parts with the AK47 rifle .

thanks for clearing that up.

otherwise this looks like a very nice rifle. following to keep informed on it

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    I will make it very easy....the banned rifles are all in 762x39 period. 556.and 5.45 are legal as they fire those calibers and are not interchageable with the 762x39 caliber rifles. Simple. Other than the Vz58 which is legal and not an AK by definition.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom