Any thoughts on the lottery pistols versus
    the auction items?

My guess is you know exactly what you
    are getting with the auction items, but
    paying alot more. The lottery lets “you
    pays you money and you takes your
    chance”...some great deals, and
    more not so great, I am guessing?

I have not heard of anyone getting a Service or Field grade that was not worth what they paid for it.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    OK, I sent my paperwork in and just got a confirmation Email today.
    My random number is: 28336

I have no idea if that's a good number or what??? I guess I'll just wait for a phone call now.

I wonder if they'll call in 2021 of maybe 2022??

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    OK, I sent my paperwork in and just got a confirmation Email today.

My random number is: 28336

I have no idea if that's a good number or what??? I guess I'll just wait for a phone call now.

I wonder if they'll call in 2021 of maybe 2022??

From reading the CMP forum it looks like low numbers in 20xxx and highs in 30xxx.

Im 22626

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    It seems they started at 20k or wherever they left off last time, because I haven’t seen any numbers below 20k.

I’m 30367, and higher ones are turning up.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Looks like numbers for Round 2 started at/near 20k and have been reported to just over 33k thus far. Per the CMP forum members, it seems CMP can ship about 1k per month once they actually start mailing them out.

Fredcohunter

Nov 30, 2008
    A little west of Frederick
    my number was in the high 21K range, cant remember exactly. 1911 is current at the FFL waiting for MD to give me their permission to receive it.........

I selected field grade. Frame is Colt 1943 production and the slide is Remington Rand. I didn't get to spend too much time looking at it but I am pleased.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    my number was in the high 21K range, cant remember exactly. 1911 is current at the FFL waiting for MD to give me their permission to receive it.........

I selected field grade. Frame is Colt 1943 production and the slide is Remington Rand. I didn't get to spend too much time looking at it but I am pleased.

Nice!

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I saw and was considering the following today, but somebody else pulled the trigger first. Any thoughts on what I missed, or didn't, for next opportunity if one arises?

".S.A. Model 1911A1 ARMY semiautomatic pistol # 101XXXX (.45 ACP), mfg. by Remington Rand in 1944. Excellent condition, with full dark gray Parkerized finish having only some light holster-rub. Barrel has an excellent-plus bore and is mirror-bright. Has really sharp checkered plastic grips. Right side of frame is stamped ANAD 2 76 (indicating it was refurbished at the Anniston Army Depot in February 1976). Includes decent two-toned 7-round magazine stamped with B at base. Extremely attractive, not import marked with CMP Certificate of Authenticity. PHOTO. . . $1825. C&R SOLD"

Attachments

• 1911 remington rand cmp.jpg
      1911 remington rand cmp.jpg
      76.2 KB · Views: 163

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I saw and was considering the following today, but somebody else pulled the trigger first. Any thoughts on what I missed, or didn't, for next opportunity if one arises?

".S.A. Model 1911A1 ARMY semiautomatic pistol # 101XXXX (.45 ACP), mfg. by Remington Rand in 1944. Excellent condition, with full dark gray Parkerized finish having only some light holster-rub. Barrel has an excellent-plus bore and is mirror-bright. Has really sharp checkered plastic grips. Right side of frame is stamped ANAD 2 76 (indicating it was refurbished at the Anniston Army Depot in February 1976). Includes decent two-toned 7-round magazine stamped with B at base. Extremely attractive, not import marked with CMP Certificate of Authenticity. PHOTO. . . $1825. C&R SOLD"

Is the frame Remington Rand also? I just got mine from the CMP and doesn't look much different from this one. Mine is a colt frame. Remington Rand slide. I only got 1 magazine but I got that nice case. It cost me $850 shipped 9plus transfer and MSP fee-they don't honor a C&R license) But I did have a year wait.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Is the frame Remington Rand also? I just got mine from the CMP and doesn't look much different from this one. Mine is a colt frame. Remington Rand slide. I only got 1 magazine but I got that nice case. It cost me $850 shipped 9plus transfer and MSP fee-they don't honor a C&R license) But I did have a year wait.

I don't know any more than what was in the ad. I've wanted to get one at some point but haven't actively looked, and didn't put my name into the CMP lottery.

If I could get one like that for $850 think I'd be in for it.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I don't know any more than what was in the ad. I've wanted to get one at some point but haven't actively looked, and didn't put my name into the CMP lottery.

Here's the one I ended up with. When Round 2 is complete, if they still have a supply of 1911's they may open up another round.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_0920_LI.jpg
      InkedIMG_0920_LI.jpg
      150.6 KB · Views: 147
    Jul 1, 2012

The Rem-Rand a few posts ago (#1010009) is a 1943 Remington Rand frame, the RR slide may or may not be original/correct, can't tell. Regardless, that's a lot of cheese for a reworked RR !

I use Sam Lisker's ColtAutos website as a quick reference for, well, Colt Autos.
    http://www.coltautos.com/1911a1pd.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom