• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    My old trusty, well broken in Kershaw 1990 Brawler has been used and abused and blade is in need of some lengthy re-doing. New one is $30 @ Amazon

Decided to look around for a replacement, and co-worker offered me a Boker (which I had never heard of) Plus Manaro for 20 bucks...lol. Brand new, so it is stiff as a board, as far as it's movement, but looks nice IMO, and is very sharp. 440-C blade material. Looked around the web and a replacement for that one is $129. Hmmm....I seem to like it more now, especially since I have 20 bucks invested into it. I did already bend the pocket clip slightly, it is looser on my pocket now...an easy fix.

I do already miss the "Thumb Flicker" blade opener the Kershaw has...this Boker is a bit cumbersome opening up, and has already semi-opened in my pocket twice.

Attachments

• k1.jpg
      k1.jpg
      28.7 KB · Views: 305
    • k2.jpg
      k2.jpg
      42.4 KB · Views: 290
    • k3.jpg
      k3.jpg
      43.6 KB · Views: 289

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I recall Boker used to be pretty pricey but I thought they had some knives made in Germany and some in China. The Chinese knives were much less expensive. I'm surprised to see one at that price point. I hope it serves you well.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Almost a week later...used it a dozen times or so. Belt clip is absolute garbage, and I'd be VERY pissed if I had paid anymore than the 20 bucks I did. I've used and abused the old Kershaw for 5 years and nary an issue, ever.

This one, the clip catches (and BENDS) on everything but your pocket, lol.

Oh well...ain't the 1st twenty bucks I've spent frivolously. :D

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Almost a week later...used it a dozen times or so. Belt clip is absolute garbage, and I'd be VERY pissed if I had paid anymore than the 20 bucks I did. I've used and abused the old Kershaw for 5 years and nary an issue, ever.

This one, the clip catches (and BENDS) on everything but your pocket, lol.

Oh well...ain't the 1st twenty bucks I've spent frivolously. :D
    Belt clips always seem to be hit or miss. I have a genuine Emerson mini Commander and I've had to pull the clip on that off and bend it back into shape a couple of times because it caught something and wasn't springy enough to retain its shape. That knife was $180 at the time - given to me by a friend who bought the full sized Commander, and the vendor he bought it from accidentally sent him the two pack that had the mini Commander in it.

On the flip side, I bought a Buck small folding Selkirk that I have really enjoyed - it's not the best knife, but it's been a favorite daily carry for a while. I think I paid maybe $27 for it and the pocket clip hasn't bent once on it in the 2-3 years I've been carrying it.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I recall Boker used to be pretty pricey but I thought they had some knives made in Germany and some in China. The Chinese knives were much less expensive. I'm surprised to see one at that price point. I hope it serves you well.

That knife doesn’t have the “tree” brand on it. So not made it Germany, I believe.
    I think this because I inherited a box of old school pocket knives from my grandfather. All Boker. All with the tree stamped on them. Some of them about 60-70yrs old and still in great shape. Did a little research many years ago.

Blades are a little worn as my grandfather wasn’t much on TV, but when bored, he’d be in his recliner with a few knives and a sharpening stone :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom