• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Anyone have experience with herters 125 gr 300 blk open tip? Bass pro had some in stock and I grabbed it. I didn't notice it was a crimped open tip until it arrived. It looks like this would likely expand and fragment if it hit soft squishy things.

Anyone know of any gel tests with this? Also Anyone know what kind of accuracy/reliability to expect? At $1.15/round, it's down in price with wolf, but brass cased. If this fragments and also has somewhat decent person-performance, I'll likely be picking up more. Soooo, whatsayyou mdshooters braintrust?

I took a peek around. Nada

What, go back to your lee loading press rookie.

First, the 110 reference was prior to your conversation with me. For your reference, that load is the 110 Barnes with 19-20 grains of lilgun.

Second, do you know what subsonic means? 2400 fps is not subsonic. Think 1050-1100 fps. I won't confuse you as to why that range fluctuate.

Wtf are you talking about a centrifugal forces at only 2400 ripping apart a bullet? This is news to the F/TR shooters. I'll let Bryan Litz know. (F/TR is a competition shooting prone with a bipod in 308 or 223 out to 1000 yards)

Yeah, no duh subsonic bullets drop at nearly the same rates.

BTW, 12.5 grains of AA1680 should push a 220 to 1300 fps, with around a chamber pressure of 40KSI.

If you have stood on the stage at Camp Perry during the national matches, as I have, forgive me. If not go get your shine box.

Why did you have to bring me into this?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Anyone have experience with herters 125 gr 300 blk open tip? Bass pro had some in stock and I grabbed it. I didn't notice it was a crimped open tip until it arrived. It looks like this would likely expand and fragment if it hit soft squishy things.

Anyone know of any gel tests with this? Also Anyone know what kind of accuracy/reliability to expect? At $1.15/round, it's down in price with wolf, but brass cased. If this fragments and also has somewhat decent person-performance, I'll likely be picking up more. Soooo, whatsayyou mdshooters braintrust?
    So between the USA headstamp and identical product info, I'm gunna say this is rebranded winchester "usa ready". Oddly enough, there is still no info whatsoever except for some negative reviews complaining of qc in some reviews. Mine didn't look bad except seating depth varied a bit from one to the next. When I eventually get to the range, I'll report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom