• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    I paid pre pandemic prices for 22 lr. Today at Walmart. Limit 3 boxes per person.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    From previous page , Big Box stores are a different situation .

They have large multi- year contracts with prices and quanities locked in . So for the duration of a specific contract they are isolated from market forces . Hence their having pre- panic priced ammunition that instantly flew off the shelves ( if not diverted in the back room first) . When the various contracts expire , they are renegotiated on then prevailing terms , hence the modest increases in BPS prices .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In historical Big Picture , pre- panic prices were lower than the Good Old Days , adjusted for inflation .

As of a cpl days ago , I was seeing 9mm, .40, .45acp at +/- $30/ 50rds . I pronounce this suitable to buy as you go for modest range sessions w/o heart attack , but not the time to seriously stock up . ( Caliber selection is spotty , and .38 spl lags ). Rimfire on the shelves/ booths is slightly up in numbers , but prices are holding from 4-6 weeks ago . Again , you could go on a range session without heart attacks , but not ready for stocking up .

JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    Bass Pro Shops has had 12 gauge target loads in stock and at a pretty good price. Just picked up a flat of Remington 7.5's for $94 a flat. Plenty on the floor.

HiStandards

Aug 1, 2017
    Anne Arundel Co
    Prices should be lower than Good Old Days. Economies of scale, improved efficiency, automation, etc.

For Gun Clubs $94 a flat is about 150% of price a couple years ago. For STS it is a good price.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Prices should be lower than Good Old Days. Economies of scale, improved efficiency, automation, etc.

For Gun Clubs $94 a flat is about 150% of price a couple years ago. For STS it is a good price.

Yeah I’ll be opening my wallet soon. I am finally going to get back in to shooting trap in the next couple of weeks. Not nearly enough to hurt a lot. But I’d gotten a flat for $55 right as the pandemic was really hitting its stride because I realized I only had like 3 or 4 boxes of target shells. I usually shoot two rounds. Still, $20 an outing isn’t super painful. Better than the movies (for enjoyment).

ENDuRUN

Jun 13, 2021
    I am wanting to offload some of my ammo stash, but I'm not sure how to go about pricing it. Any suggestions? Should I just look online for the cheapest price per round and price my ammo slightly lower than that?

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I am wanting to offload some of my ammo stash, but I'm not sure how to go about pricing it. Any suggestions? Should I just look online for the cheapest price per round and price my ammo slightly lower than that?

You don’t have enough post to sell it on here in the classifies. If you did, I’d say yes that’s a good way to price it. Wait a little, post a few more meaningful post, and you’ll be there soon. Then just post what you got for sale right here on MDS.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I saw a post on Discord about cases of 9mm for 49 cpr. And it was still in stock the next day.

Mike_mds

Oct 11, 2020
    Ceciltucky
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2...n-image-link&utm_campaign=imi-m193-ships-free

I bought a couple 1200 round cases of this last year at around $600 each. This same ammo was over $1000 per case just a couple months ago, now it’s back down to $800. Plus it’s been in stock pretty constantly recently.

This is just one example, but things seem to be moving in the right direction. CCI has also had a lot of availability of .22lr that I buy at very good prices (all things considered) over the last couple months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got email from Midway this morning. Down to $700 for the 1200 round case. I like the direction this is moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    I say hold back a while longer before buying
    more…let the supply overcome the demand
    and watch the prices drop further.
    I am waiting for better prices…another
    few months or so should help.

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    I say hold back a while longer before buying
    more…let the supply overcome the demand
    and watch the prices drop further.
    I am waiting for better prices…another
    few months or so should help.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I went on a journey from Rockville to Columbus, OH, and stopped off at numerous gun stores and big box retailers to and from.

9mm and 223 was in wide supply. Like, I could have bought as much of it as I wanted. 22lr was available, but absurdly overpriced (like, 400rds/$60). The ammo shortage appears to be over; we just need to wait for prices to come back down.

Powder and primers were a no-show, except for a lucky find at RSP for some powder. Bullets were a mixed bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom