• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Thank Dems for turning this country into a 3rd world shit hole. It’s become like a public toilet, anyone and everyone is welcome to come in and take a huge dump.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    It pisses me off when they tighten regs and then see people up on the rt 50 bridge in OC keeping an 8" flounder or a 15" striped bass.
    I've made calls to DNR several times and waited to see if they showed up. NO.
    Back when I would night fish on the bridge with my kids for over a decade we saw a DNR office walk the bridge checking catches ONCE!

For every fish you see in an article like that, there are thousands times more poached and not caught. If they had dam citation quotas for undersized fish like state cops have for giving tickets, there would be more of the peckers caught.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    It pisses me off when they tighten regs and then see people up on the rt 50 bridge in OC keeping an 8" flounder or a 15" striped bass.
    I've made calls to DNR several times and waited to see if they showed up. NO.
    Back when I would night fish on the bridge with my kids for over a decade we saw a DNR office walk the bridge checking catches ONCE!

For every fish you see in an article like that, there are thousands times more poached and not caught. If they had dam citation quotas for undersized fish like state cops have for giving tickets, there would be more of the peckers caught.

Peckers will keep peckin' until their beaks are broken. The risk/reward scale is far in favor of the reward and won't tip until the penalty is severe enough.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Big Elk Creek is stocked with trout. They were seen fishing with nets and carrying the catch away in five gallon buckets.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Big Elk Creek is stocked with trout. They were seen fishing with nets and carrying the catch away in five gallon buckets.

I've caught Vietnamese doing the same thing on Big Hunting Creek. :mad54:

I turned them in after trying to convince them they were in the wrong. Fortunately, all the fish survived that day.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    To the contrary. They will show up, pay in cash, and go back out the next day and do it all over again. It is more profitable for them to occasionally get caught and pay a fine than to do things above the table. This is been going on here for decades. The penalties aren't harsh enough to deter these people.

Start caning them in public. 1 lash for each illegal fish. They won’t do it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    Those who are caught are a tiny fraction of the offenders.

This. They usually catch a few people a week doing this (though not to these extreme numbers). Im sure a lot of the offenders think they just won’t pay because it’s not a “real ticket” but judges can issue bench warrants for these.

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    As a law abiding citizen and outdoorsman, I feel that poachers and rule breakers should be harshly dealt with. Those are "our" fish.
    And BTW, pick up the GD trash that you bring.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    As a law abiding citizen and outdoorsman, I feel that poachers and rule breakers should be harshly dealt with. Those are "our" fish.
    And BTW, pick up the GD trash that you bring.

Never ceases to amaze me. They(litterers) lug all that beer and food into the outdoors, yet once it's all nice empty and light, they never have the energy to carry out the remains. :mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom