• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Honestly, I don't remember the exact store. I just did a random internet search for 6061 Aluminum Bar stock. Dimension were 1" X 1 1/4"X 12". I think the paid $8-10. Lots of places online. I went with 6061 because it's easier to cut/drill then 7075.

Here is the final product.
    View attachment 172261

Looks great!

Two questions....did you paint it or anodize it, and do you have any leftover that you would be willing to sell?

MMartini1969

NRA Member
    Jun 15, 2013
    Frederick
    Thanks.

I just painted the block of aluminum. Hoping it is only temporarily. The rest of the gun is Cerokote.

You're more than welcome to a piece. You can PM me and we can arrange a meet up. I live in Frederick area.

Looks great!

Two questions....did you paint it or anodize it, and do you have any leftover that you would be willing to sell?

minuit

Nov 10, 2015
    Frederick County
    Used a CNC warrior bone stock. Got to just over 29" before adding the booster.

Brought my M92 home today and will be filing for a stamp this weekend.

Like this stock a lot, only thing with any folder is then we can't have a flash hider/suppressor... but I guess that's part of the fun for a gun like this, breathing fire

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Brought my M92 home today and will be filing for a stamp this weekend.
    Like this stock a lot, only thing with any folder is then we can't have a flash hider/suppressor... but I guess that's part of the fun for a gun like this, breathing fire

You'll need another stamp, but how does the folding stock prohibit you from fitting a flash suppressor or silencer (to what I presume your filing as an SBR)?

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    You'll need another stamp, but how does the folding stock prohibit you from fitting a flash suppressor or silencer (to what I presume your filing as an SBR)?

Because with more than one of the "evil features" it fails the copycat test and becomes a banned Assault Weapon.

minuit

Nov 10, 2015
    Frederick County
    Especially since MD has been pushing the 29"+ OAL even for SBR my understanding is no they are not exempt from that.

One question that I do have though... if I pin a thread adapter that is long enough to meet my 29" OAL and would allow me to use 1/2x28 or 5/8x24 threads on a suppressor

If I traveled to say Peacemaker National (of course notifying ATF via a 5320.20) to shoot, would I be able to screw on a suppressor? Or would this put me in constructive possession territory?

k9guy

Feb 12, 2011
    I have a question regarding the Krinkov muzzle "booster". I am going to SBR a M92 and I was wondering if anyone knows with any certainity if these are considered "flash hiders" in MD. The manufacture states they are "not" flash hiders, rather boosters to help the cycling of the firearm.

Has anyone SBR a M92 and used this muzzle device? Just trying to get clarification.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      35.1 KB · Views: 521

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I have a question regarding the Krinkov muzzle "booster". I am going to SBR a M92 and I was wondering if anyone knows with any certainity if these are considered "flash hiders" in MD. The manufacture states they are "not" flash hiders, rather boosters to help the cycling of the firearm.

Has anyone SBR a M92 and used this muzzle device? Just trying to get clarification.

I had to take it off my M92. It created too much back pressure and would cause themail top cover to pop open.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I'm just going to add a link to this as it seems some are adding shims to reach the MD OAL of 29.5". You are almost certainly going to want a sling point when you go to run this rifle (at least I did) and you'll quickly find out that the M92 doesn't readily provide for this. Here's a solution to both problems. There are a few out there that are compatible with the triangle stock adapters and these will add some length too. This one is from Stormwerks, but there are others out there.

http://stormwerkz.com/accessories/ak-sling-plates/

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County

I used this booster and it resulted in over pressure. The top would pop open after every round. So switched to a muzzle brake device with much better results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom