• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Here is another option for the Scorpion. Article has imbedded link to the manufacturer of the tube extension, which has a link to the ATF opinion letter saying adding this device is a cheek weld enhancement, not a shoulder stock, and therefore not an SBR. But what I can't tell is if ATF's opinion was with or without the "saddle" added. ATF's letter refers to the saddle. This thing is more substantial than sig brace or buffer tube extension. What do you guys think?

Sterling Arsenal PRES cheek rest with saddle.

http://www.personaldefenseworld.com...9mm-pistol/#cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-9mm-pistol-6

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    True. The problem is that in MD it needs to reach at least 29" in OAL, even if it's an SBR. The factory stock that comes with the 922R kit will not get it there.

HERA came out with a folding adapter that could be used to get someone closer to the needed OAL. The CZ arm brace adapter in conjunction with the HERA folding adapter and a 6 or 7 position buffer tube should work. You may have to go with a longer stock like the ACS, EMod, or Battlelink. But it should get the SBR to 29".

This is the best way to get it to be an MD legal SBR that I can think of. I can't confirm that the combo will meet 29" in OAL yet. But it should work. If anyone has any better ideas feel free to share them.

HERA folding adapter:
    http://www.lanworldinc.com/index.ph...roduct/334-hera-side-folding-unit?Itemid=9999

CZ Arm Brace adapter:
    https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19992_Scorpion-Evo-3-S1-Pistol-Arm-Brace-Kit

CZ 922R kit:
    https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19380_Evo-922r-Parts-And-Folding-Stock-Kit

This is pretty slick. Looks good and may be an easy way to SBR it with th elongate stock. The Scorpion just jumped onto my radar as I'm in the market for a 9mm that I can SBR.

Not going to help unless it's permanently attached.

Keep in mind that you'd need to ditch the factory flash hider to do what you're suggesting, and would not be able to attach a suppressor later on.

I don't think there's anything wrong with an AR stock myself, but some people don't like the "look".

Why can't you use a suppressor?

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Why can't you use a suppressor?

There are people who interpret the law such that sound suppressors act as flash suppressor and are advertised as such. Thusly, they can't be used in certain configurations.

Not sure who's going to prosecute you for it, but...

Theyre killing me!:sad20:

Do they have one of their memos stating that?

Regarding flash hiders? Yes. Regarding suppressors? No. And don't think to ask for clarification or you'll **** everyone.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    I got a Gemtech GM9 which is a monocore suppressor from Duffy's. Change the LID for Fixed mount and have the fixed mount permanently attached to the monocore. Then have both permanently attached. 6.5" without the mount.

A GM45 may also be an alternative. 6.2" without the mount
    Will loctite qualify as a permanent attachment? Correct me if I am wrong but I read somewhere that heat can be used when undoing a loctite bond. Maybe someone can comment if rocksett can be used and its pros and cons.

Last edited:

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Regarding suppressors? No. And don't think to ask for clarification or you'll **** everyone.

Yeah, I won't be stirring the pot. Had a good conversation at 2A today about this. The EVO is on my short list. I was hoping to get a 9mm AK, but I don't like Atlantics option, and getting in touch with the guy from Volk hasn't been working out well. This gives me a nice option to get a sweet 9mm SBR.

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    Matt mink over at Automatic Accuracy told me that an M4 stock tube with the stock fully extended on the scorpion is only 27.25" OAL. Angus Hobdell from CZ Custom said that you cannot pin a flash hider or otherwise permanently attach a device to the barrel without rendering the gun impossible to disassemble. Still haven't heard back from Tim at Title II Arms with his custom Maryland friendly solution to SBR this freakin gun. Not losing hope yet. I will have a scorpion evo3 SBR

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Theyre killing me!:sad20:

Do they have one of their memos stating that?

There are people who interpret the law such that sound suppressors act as flash suppressor and are advertised as such. Thusly, they can't be used in certain configurations.

Not sure who's going to prosecute you for it, but...
    Well, that would be the state of Maryland. This isn't some kind of unclear wording in the law, guys. Suppressors are a muzzle device that reduces flash, so they are flash hiders. Period, end of story. There is no other sane way to interpret the law. There is a lot of wishful thinking that it wasn't like this, but it is.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Not being a gunsmith, nor a machinist, would it be that hard to get a 9mm barrel blank and machine it into a longer barrel?

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I read this whole thread. Nobody has come up with a way to legally purchase these yet? Or am I retarded and missed something?

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    My mistake.
    Here's another dumb question. Why not leave it a pistol rather than SBR?

If you leave it a pistol:
    You can't brag about all your ATF tax stamps
    You won't look bad ass enough
    Your neighbors won't pick up after their dog dumps on you lawn

PS I may have to go the SBR route myself for some of the above reasons.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    If you leave it a pistol:

You can't brag about all your ATF tax stamps

You won't look bad ass enough

Your neighbors won't pick up after their dog dumps on you lawn

PS I may have to go the SBR route myself for some of the above reasons.

Haha ok.

Can you still put a stock on it and leave it as a pistol?

Sorry for the dumb questions cluttering up this thread. Just trying to decide if I want one of these or not. And if I can sneak it past the wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom