• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My wife wants a compound bow for target shooting. She will not be hunting with it. She is above average strength, healthy and 38yo. Clearly my budget rules out a Mathew's Monster or the like, but I don't want a Chinese made POS for $49.
    Any recommendations on what to look for- assuming this fad will come and go in a few months?

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    My wife has a bear finesse we bought new maybe 5 yrs ago. She liked it over the others she tried because it was the lightest. Have your wife try before she buys bows are much like guns in that its very much personal preference what feels best.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Take her for a ride out to Jefferson Archery in Jefferson Md. They usually have a good selection of used bows. She'll need to be measured and shoot a couple bows.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Take her for a ride out to Jefferson Archery in Jefferson Md. They usually have a good selection of used bows. She'll need to be measured and shoot a couple bows.

I agree here about fitting and that a used bow is the way to go

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Six years ago, I took my oldest daughter to Autumn Sky Outfitters in Harford County. They let her try quite a few bows. She picked a Bear Apprentice and still loves it. The bow will adjust as she grows. Now that she's 16, it's time to get it adjusted again and a new string.
    Just my opinion, take your wife to a good bow shop and let her try multiple bows until she finds one she likes. The shop will then tune the bow for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom