My G43X. Perfect carry pistol for me. (for now) :)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    They are working on a Glock 43 magazine, I signed up for their newsletter to jump on a few when they are released.

I think this will be huge if the capacity is right. I actually put my g43 aside that I have been carrying for the last 5 or 6 years for a 365xl nra. One of that hardest things to do was sit a glock aside for a sig.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I must have been asleep at the wheel. 15 round mags for 43x and 48? Using those in my 48 would officially make my g19 obsolete.

Awesome.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Is the 43X that much better for carry?

The G19 is about an inch longer and maybe 1/4" wider. They are both the same height.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    My IWB Vedder light tuck showed up in todays mail. I purchased it off of Blasters recommendation in this thread. I cant wait to try it :thumbsup:

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    My IWB Vedder light tuck showed up in todays mail. I purchased it off of Blasters recommendation in this thread. I cant wait to try it :thumbsup:

sMJrDBb.jpg

A friend (literally) just texted me a pic of the one he got for his Hellcat.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    yeah i bought my 43x with the ameriglo nite sites. i like them.

My 43X was a target of opportunity with factory night sights, so I just got it as it was, replaced the front with the correct height Ameriglo orange outline front and have a really nice set up, dialed in perfectly (for me). Only thing that ticks me off? I have to be the ONE guy that his gun won't run 100% with Shield Arms mags!!!!
    That was with absolutely every consideration, but two of three would nose dive about the 12th round HARD into the slide. Yes, I had the metal mag release, yes, I tried both stock and +10% springs, hell, I wanted to love those mags!
    In the end, Shield Arms absolutely made me whole down to the penny, so cannot fault them. I want to use those mags so much, I've considered selling this 43X and buying another...

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Well my local gun store got a 43x in Friday and I did the paperwork. We'll see if it shoots as nice and it seems. I have a holster and some sights ordered. Now waiting for the S15 mags to come back in stock. Still no problem with the metal mags?

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    All my SA15 mags have run 100%, and I use the SA mag release. Good luck,,,,

Redbone1

Mar 1, 2020
    Picked up my 43x this week. Sights, Warren tactical flat black rear and tritium front, shield arms mag release, and surefire tlr6 installed. Waiting on sa arms 15rd mags, and the holsters to show up. Range testing Monday, as long as it shoots well my glock 19 and probably my 30 will be going down the road and replaced with something else.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Picked up my 43x this week. Sights, Warren tactical flat black rear and tritium front, shield arms mag release, and surefire tlr6 installed. Waiting on sa arms 15rd mags, and the holsters to show up. Range testing Monday, as long as it shoots well my glock 19 and probably my 30 will be going down the road and replaced with something else.
    Well, have you tried it out yet?

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    My G43X. Perfect carry pistol for me. (for now)

I got the pistol and the Shield Arms mags. It has been 100% reliable with what ever Walmart range fodder I had and with Winchester Ranger 147 bonded. Still waiting on the Trijicon HD XR, which should be here tomorrow. Then I have to qualify with it at which point it is replacing my 19.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I got the pistol and the Shield Arms mags. It has been 100% reliable with what ever Walmart range fodder I had and with Winchester Ranger 147 bonded. Still waiting on the Trijicon HD XR, which should be here tomorrow. Then I have to qualify with it at which point it is replacing my 19.

Important thing here..... Did you get the metal Mag release they also sell? Because the metal mags will chew away at the stock plastic mag release.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Important thing here..... Did you get the metal Mag release they also sell? Because the metal mags will chew away at the stock plastic mag release.

Can you still use the plastic mags with the metal release, or do they get chewed up by it?

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Interesting thread these 43x’s seem like winners but I can’t justify going that route due to being able to easily conceal the G26 I’ve had for years with the x-Grip sleeves on G17 mags. Maybe if I ever get to CCW more often I’ll change my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom