• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Want something custom, maybe with a nordic twist but not a full bore battle axe. Doubt if I would go for any major engraving. Have it down to these two:

Wolf Valley Forge Bush Axe. Pro US made and should be very functional. Nice options on finish and leather. Con: Not really a norse style axe more of a hand forges working axe.

Bush-Model1.jpg

or

Ancient Smithy Sterk. Little less functional but nice size axe. Made in Ukraine which is a con as its not US forged but the Ukrainians have excellent forges.

ancientsmithy-axe-battle-hand-forged-viking-axe-sterk-akke-with-leather-wrap-on-the-carved-handle-14456663933002.jpg

Any options I am missing.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Check out Daniel Winkler knives. If he doesn’t have what you want, he can make it. He made the weapons for “The Last Of The Mohicans”. His weapons are also favored by elite operators in the US military. The SEAL teams were using his tomahawks on missions.

I have a few of his knives and love them.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wolf Valley looks good, I hadn't heard of them before.

What do you want to do with it? I'm a big fan of Council (US made) or Gransfor Bruks (EU) for users.

Something more like a forest axe I would use practically. A more historical norse axe probably not as much. Looked at the Gransfors their stuff is really nice. The historical axes are extremely pricey there forest axes are reasonable.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ordered a Wolf Valley Forge bush axe with an underburnt tiger stripe handle, its going to be a while but the deposit was small. Ill get back to you sometime this fall with what it looks like!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Just got notice that its done and ready to ship, long wait but cant wait to see the product.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I've not owned a Gransfors Bruks axe, but have been looking at them for some time... I always seem to get out bid on ebay.

My working/camping/bushcraft axes are a Marbles and a Cold Steel Camp ax... added together I think they were less than the Gransfors I've been looking at

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom