• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rfawcs

Si Se Pwodway
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 15, 2008
    Waldorf, MD
    I picked up this Western Field 550 from Gunbroker for $125 two months ago. I bought it because it had a C-lect choke on the barrel, and I wanted the barrel for my no-serial-number Mossberg 500. I then bought the extended barrel/mag kit from Brownells and installed it in about a half-hour.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      35.1 KB · Views: 244

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I picked up this Western Field 550 from Gunbroker for $125 two months ago. I bought it because it had a C-lect choke on the barrel, and I wanted the barrel for my no-serial-number Mossberg 500. I then bought the extended barrel/mag kit from Brownells and installed it in about a half-hour.

Does anyone know if that extended magazine kit comes in 20guage? Brownells only lists 12ga.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I’d guess at that price of $995 in this climate it’s a 590 retrograde, not a 590A1. If I’m wrong that’s gonna go quick!

Funny thing about the retrograde, it looks exactly the same as my 590A1, but it has the wood furniture and the heat shield. That's a lot of money for those two changes.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Yup. I know that once I sell an item it’s none of my business what happens to it but it stings when I give someone a good deal only to see the item flipped.

The one I had in the classified section did not sell and I did not re-list it. I may put it on Armslist to see what happens.

Jbenn11

Mar 6, 2021
    Western field m550ab

I just recently got a Western Field m550ab from my dad who got it 20 years ago from someone he worked with that decided to camouflage spray paint the gun, after owning it about a week or two I decided this morning to take paint stripper and try to get the paint off of it it worked out pretty good. Thing is I have no bluing on the barrel or mag tube but the rest of the gun is decent after a little stain on the forearm.

Attachments

• 20210306_110037.jpg
      20210306_110037.jpg
      66.1 KB · Views: 94

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads