• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Got back from Continental awhile ago so here goes:
    The Black aces ammo is HOT! Nice kick to it - kinda like if Federal LE buckshot was on steroids ;) Maybe coming out of my Shockwave with the shorter barrel makes things worse but its a far cry from shooting Aguila minishells (slugs or 00 Buck). 1425 FPS and high brass makes a huge difference.
    I shot targets at 10 and 15 yds. Pretty nice groupings and the wads were not as noticeable at 15 yds. Not alot of "flyer" pellets at 15 yds which I was happy about.
    I did take some minishells with me for pattern comparison to the BA ammo at 15 yds. The Aguila mini pellet groupings are definitely not as tight at 15 yds. Shooting the minis felt like a .22LR after shooting a 50 BMG. :D
    I don't think anyone would be continuing in your general direction if they got hit by one of the BA rounds.
    Check out the pics and let me know your thoughts! Thanks!
    Best,
    Jim
    Pics in order below:
    My Shockwave

Single BA shot at 10yds

5 BA shells at 10 yds

5 BA shells at 15 yds

5 Aguila mini Buckshot and 1 Fed LE Tactical OO Buck (low brass controlled flight wad) at 15 yds

Thanks for sharing and about what I would have expected.

1. Your shockwave is insane looking.
    2. The 10 yard pattern is definitely wider than I'd like.
    3. As is the 15 yard pattern. My Mossberg SBS has the same length barrel as your shockwave, but with FCC keeps all pellets inside the 10 ring at 15 yds.
    4. Those mini-shells are goofy. That's a really wide spread at 15 yards, meaning that, with that ammo, that's at best a 10 yard gun. Any aiming error on the user's part and some of that pellets will be well off-target.

I think it's going to be a while before anyone beats FCC. I do wish Federal would figure out their #1 buck FC load and re-introduce it, as that probably would be about ideal. But until then, I'll stick with 8 pellet FCC.

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    Thanks for sharing and about what I would have expected.

1. Your shockwave is insane looking.
    2. The 10 yard pattern is definitely wider than I'd like.
    3. As is the 15 yard pattern. My Mossberg SBS has the same length barrel as your shockwave, but with FCC keeps all pellets inside the 10 ring at 15 yds.
    4. Those mini-shells are goofy. That's a really wide spread at 15 yards, meaning that, with that ammo, that's at best a 10 yard gun. Any aiming error on the user's part and some of that pellets will be well off-target.

I think it's going to be a while before anyone beats FCC. I do wish Federal would figure out their #1 buck FC load and re-introduce it, as that probably would be about ideal. But until then, I'll stick with 8 pellet FCC.

thanks for the reply and feedback. I need to explore choke possibilities for the Shockwave.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    I’d love to pick up 50 or so and try these out but didn’t see them on your website? Any still available?
    Hi, yes we have them available in the shop. We are not shipping ammo at this point.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    Fresh shipment of Black Aces Tactical buckshot just arrived , 250 and 125 round cases .

black-aces-tactical-buckshot-shotgun-shells-bat-00-1425-702706998147-5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom