• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    For the most part I believe AK-74 builds were already good to go, but my local FFL refused to let me continue without something in writing from the MSP, so I submitted a request and finally got the response back a few days ago. Figured I should just post this here for anyone else who might be interested.

By the wording of the letter I'm pretty sure it means that ALL AK-74 receivers are GTG, no?

Also I assume that any AK-74 builds based on the NDS-2 are good to go unless their have 2 or more banned features? Obviously not all AK-74's are legal- the Molot VEPR-74 is still banned. But... the rest? Legal? No? Thoughts?

COLmRX0.png

Last edited:

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    We need 10,000 people to ask the MSP or ATF more questions................ Should go great for us!

OP, I would suggest a more informed FFL is a better option in the future rather than trying to "prove" the law to them.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    For the most part I believe AK-74 builds were already good to go, but my local FFL refused to let me continue without something in writing from the MSP, so I submitted a request and finally got the response back a few days ago. Figured I should just post this here for anyone else who might be interested.

By the wording of the letter I'm pretty sure it means that ALL AK-74 receivers are GTG, no?

Also I assume that any AK-74 builds based on the NDS-2 are good to go unless their have 2 or more banned features? Obviously not all AK-74's are legal- the Molot VEPR-74 is still banned. But... the rest? Legal? No? Thoughts?

COLmRX0.png

OP,
    And who is your FFL?
    Fox?

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    We need 10,000 people to ask the MSP or ATF more questions................ Should go great for us!

OP, I would suggest a more informed FFL is a better option in the future rather than trying to "prove" the law to them.

I agree with this 1000%

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    FFLs don’t know what is legal or not? This State firearm laws suck. Aren’t laws supposed to be simple enough for anyone to understand? SMH

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom