• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Thanks, I always wanted to do this as a kid. Pop's didn't like crafts and I was all about it. Silly man left "how to" books in the second floor and it was my room. "dad, I can build a forge from a truck brake drum" NO, "Dad I can build a crossbow from a truck leaf spring" NO, and so on over and over. When i moved out Apartments and townhouses didn't lend to it and too many other hobbies for a natural tinkerer that wants to try and build and make everything.

Yea, my buddy is like bring beer, lets make more. Maybe after hunting season is finished. He want to make the knives and I am not happy until the project is complete. I still have to cut and stitch the sheath. This thing is skinning the next deer even if it doesn't have enough coats of oil on it still. Not sure if I'm hunting this weekend or still trying to get my daughter to kill one. Muzzy season is doe season.

Mighty Joboo

Sep 15, 2020
    Handmade knives are always great to look at. Never could get into it myself, but have serious respect for those who can.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Finished the sheath for this one. Now I just got to go out Saturday and relieve the farm of one of the excess does to test it out.

Attachments

• IMG_1761.jpg
      IMG_1761.jpg
      67.5 KB · Views: 126
    • IMG_1762.jpg
      IMG_1762.jpg
      71.8 KB · Views: 132

Steelteacher

Feb 19, 2020
    PG county
    Looks great! I’ve only made very rough shop knives. That looks great for a first go! I hope you keep at it- metals are amazing materials to work with and learn about (I’m a welder by trade).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom