• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    Looking at a .300 Blk 10.5” nitride. Have two options: A2 or heavy. Pros and cons on each for this pistol? Thinking about recoil, weight, etc. Also both are in 1/8 twist. Will this stabilize 200+ subs? Or should I hold out for 1/7? I’d like to eventually put a suppressor on it. Both have pistol length gas.

Sorry guys, misread the forum. Will post elsewhere. I’ll delete this if someone tells me how.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I believe my Rainier 10.5" is a 1:8. it shoots up to 225g subs very well. If you plan on going heavier(longer), you should probably go with a 1:7.

Last edited:

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    I believe my Rainier 10.5" is a 1:8. it shoots up to 225g subs very well. If you plan on going heavier(longer), you should probably go with a 1:7.
    I was actually thinking 220 max so that would work. So long as it will go through a suppressor without damage or injury. ‘Course that might be a ways down the road. Not much to choose from right now. Thanks.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I was actually thinking 220 max so that would work. So long as it will go through a suppressor without damage or injury. ‘Course that might be a ways down the road. Not much to choose from right now. Thanks.
    The first rule about new ammo and cans;shoot it first without the can. If it makes pretty little round holes, try it with the can.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=6136961&postcount=48

I originally posted this was a Faxon, but seeing this I went back to verify, I have the 10.7" Rainier that Outrider recommended.
    RAB-SEL-300-107-P-NF-BLK

This barrel and my loads exceeded my expectations out of an SBR with my PC cast bullets.
    I have yet to shoot FMJ out of it or anything else factory @ 100 yards.
    I shoot a ton of PCs out of my Rainier. You do need to size a lot of them, as Rainiers have tight chambers. However, here are some 208g Hornady ELD-Match subs at 100 yds. That's seven shots.

Attachments

• 20190509_172832.jpg
      20190509_172832.jpg
      119.1 KB · Views: 201

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    yea, my 300 cases now go through case gauge after sizing then again after loading. Before I was gauging them after sizing I had a bunch that were already primed, I pulled to the side and I used them in the Faxon 16" with supersonic loads and had no problems. Maybe the tight chambers is what is making it shoot so good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom