• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I have a 1987 ASM reproduction of an 1847 Colt Walker cap and ball revolver. I have hunted and killed deer and a couple foxes with it over the years. I am now having timing issues...when the hammer is cocked the cylinder will no longer reliably index. Most of the time it's fine but randomly it stops just shy of a full index.

I've spoken to Mike at Goon's Gun Works who specialize in "tuning" cap and balls and there are several videos from people who have used their service and were quite satisfied...SO has anyone here used them to have their C&B revolver worked on?

goonsgunworks.com

Horseman308

Jan 27, 2016
    I haven't sent him mine, but only because I rarely shoot it. Goon is hands down the guy if you want your cap n ball tuned up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I don’t have any answer to your question but, I gotta say: that is a DAYUM powerful quote in you sig line, there ....!

Yes sir and never more important than in the times we are currently living in. Unfortunately I think this nation is about to find out just how significant sitting on your hands and doing nothing is to the detriment of the United States of America

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    He's got a decent reputation with the CAS crowd, but I have not had the chance to actually handle his work. The other person I'd seriously consider is Charlie Hahn.

Unfortunately, the man I'd have trusted most, Tom Ball, is no longer with us.

I spoke to Mike at goon yesterday for about 20 minutes. Apparently he has become very popular with black powder revolver enthusiasts and is currently backlogged. He asked me to give him about 3 weeks before I sent my gun in for tuning and repair. That will give me an opportunity to take it to the range and unload it and get it all nice and clean for him. He started doing this as a hobby and now apparently it's turned into more of a business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom