• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    ]

I just ordered 10 boxes 6:13pm then I read this post and looked again, they are still in stock as of 6:19pm. Since they were already in my cart, I decided to buy another 10 boxes. We'll see if they actually process the second order...

Print says 10 boxes per order, not per customer. You should be good. I too doubled down.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    ^^^^

I used the link you provided. Thanks. Ordered 10. Hopefully it will cycle in my rifles. M&P 15-22 with a switchback 22 can and a glenfield 60 and Savage 6A

Cryptotek1

May 1, 2017
    ^^^^

I used the link you provided. Thanks. Ordered 10. Hopefully it will cycle in my rifles. M&P 15-22 with a switchback 22 can and a glenfield 60 and Savage 6A

I haven't seen anyone get the quiets to cycle a semiautomatic. It's pretty awesome for bolt guns.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    ^^^^

This is listed on CCI's site for this particular ammo

These cartridges may be used in semi-automatic firearms, however manual cycling of the action may be required.

Do not use in barrels over 24" in length.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Thanks for posting. I got them for my 10/22...may have to re-sell in classifieds if they don't cycle.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Thanks

This is listed on CCI's site for this particular ammo

These cartridges may be used in semi-automatic firearms, however manual cycling of the action may be required.

Do not use in barrels over 24" in length.

Thanks. Luckily the 80 year old savage can do 22. 22l and 22lr. Can manually if need be. Hopefully the canned M&P will as well.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Ditto on getting for 10/22 but if it doesn't cycle, manual is OK for me. Kinda like a bolt gun but not.

Maybe I just need to buy a bolt gun! I'm all over the place in my next purchase. Looking at Mark IV, Sig MPX, CMMG Banshee...not sure where I'd start with a bolt gun, American Rifle maybe...

bronco

Dec 14, 2020
    se Va
    This is good stuff, just not that much oomph for cycling. I bought some a while back to try in a friend's semiauto, and to see how quiet it was. It was reasonably quieter in a rifle but wouldn't cycle. In one pistol it would cycle for first round only. It should work well and be more quiet in a bolt rifle. I have no real complaints and will use it in a revolver I have.

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    I have some (not from this batch). Definitely not made for semi-autos (they have a specific version of CCI Quiet for that), fine for levers and bolts (worked great in a suppressed Savage FVSR for instance). They drop faster than even SV rimfire ammo (requiring a different zero), weren't the most accurate for me or in other tests - but some people's rifles really like them.

The warning about longer barrels ties to some warnings about using them in tight bore and match rifles (CZ has a warning, for instance, about these) but people use them anyway. Watch for squibs.

They are super quiet though!

A_C

Jan 12, 2017
    Damn! It said "Available" on the listing, so I thought there were still some left, but when I tried to buy I got "The selected quantity cannot be added to your cart."
    Tried with 10 at first, then with 1... nope. Oh well.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Ruger Precision Rimfire, CCI Quiet, and a can are stupid quiet. Ask me how I know. :D

I use that same recipe (with a nice Nikon scope). Love it. Here's some casual 100+ yard plinking at a small-ish steel gong. The two missuses didn't want to put it down. Could only end the wifely ammo consumption by offering to make cocktails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom