• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inka

Apr 25, 2010
    11-87 or 1100 gets my vote- cheap and the steel receiver really helps to dampen vibration/recoil

CraZ4GunZ

MDS Supporter
    Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    Just picked up a Mossy SA-20 in walnut. Very good reviews, but it is really tight to assemble. I have to use a little bit of force to get the barrel to seat properly - but I guess this is a good thing.
    Really jumping in price - up nearly $100 from what I paid a few weeks ago. This is my first 20ga and anxious to see how it compares to my 12s.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    We all have different preferences and stuff.. until the recent hard times at Remington, I’d have jumped on any Remington immediately. My full size gotos recently are my 1187/12 and 870/20. The 1187, is pushing 25 years.

That said, sometimes it’s can be an expensive proposition to buy/try/disappoint. I saw a kid last weekend with a range rental gun, a FAIR o/u 20, and it was to much for him. He was young and small in stature. Probably the lightest thing the rental center had/has and it was overwhelming him.

Anyway, if you have access to one of your local clubs and know some of the folks, or can chat well, take the mrs over there with whatever you have now and spend more time with the regulars. Ask them the same question F2F.

If they seem receptive ask what they may be willing to let her try. Maybe you gotta go back next week. But they may be able to bring some of the choices to try first hand. Not just fondle in a store.

I’ve let some of the new folks try my stuff, 1187 and 870. For a few shots/a round of skeet. My shooting buddy has Done the same with his Turkish knockoff of ... I think the ?beretta? OU. 20g.

Folks are sometimes helpful, and it can save you some money.

Many of the folks there are looking to get new shooters in. You can’t lose anything except a few hours at the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom