• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    I just checked, they are still available. On the review, one man in Salisbury received his, he seemed extremely happy with it.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I just checked, they are still available. On the review, one man in Salisbury received his, he seemed extremely happy with it.

I’m extremely tempted to roll the dice again, but I’ll be a good boy. There will be other opportunities. Maybe some 20” 590A1s next time!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I rubbed her down with some homemade Ed’s Red and she looks pretty sharp. I’m thrilled with this gun!

The barrel appears to be exactly 18” from the breach (not 18.5”) which is cool, and it’s the first one I’ve seen with night sights although they don’t glow anymore. The sling is a very heavy duty nylon. There’s not one thing I want to do to it to change it up, I’m leaving it exactly as it is. Not bad for a 29 year old gun!

Attachments

• 76B2CD52-EA66-44D9-B1A7-6FC4614AEF85.jpg
      76B2CD52-EA66-44D9-B1A7-6FC4614AEF85.jpg
      214.1 KB · Views: 307
    • 6FA619A4-B814-4D3F-94DF-C175AFCE88A5.jpg
      6FA619A4-B814-4D3F-94DF-C175AFCE88A5.jpg
      208.1 KB · Views: 327
    Last edited:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Looking at the pics online, even the one with the heaviest scratches would probably improve greatly in terms of cosmetics with some oil and a light rub with fine steel wool. The stock could always be refinished or replaced cheaply. I’d def take a shot if you want a Police Mag and aren’t too repulsed by the price tag, which admittedly is on the high end.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Did anybody else get one of these? I want to see some more pics. I am tempted to order another but my wife protested since I don’t have room for the guns I currently have. I think I’m going to have to sell some Mosins in the near future, lol

rog951

Mar 6, 2018
    Not far from Frederick
    Did anybody else get one of these? I want to see some more pics. I am tempted to order another but my wife protested since I don’t have room for the guns I currently have. I think I’m going to have to sell some Mosins in the near future, lol

I teetered on the edge but in the end it was just too much $$$ to roll the dice on the condition shown. Already had one of those cheap-O turkish black Weatherby tac pumps, and am buying a similar Benelli this week. Just couldn't justify it - running out of storage real estate as well.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

I keep going to the site, and looking.

I am looking for another good 870 to add to my meager collection.
    Just the fact that these are "870 Police Magnums" keeps the interest up.

Knowing my luck, IF I got one, it would be one of the ones from the bottom of the barrel.

Decisions. Decisions. :shrug:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Hmm, I am trying to NOT order 2.

One to keep the same. And one to Form 1 into SBS format.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Hmm, I am trying to NOT order 2.

One to keep the same. And one to Form 1 into SBS format.

If you go the SBS route, I have an unfired factory Remington 14” barrel with rifle sights. Basically it’s the same barrel as on these but 4” shorter. I’d love to trade that and some cash for your barrel and mag extension off your Police Mag.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If you go the SBS route, I have an unfired factory Remington 14” barrel with rifle sights. Basically it’s the same barrel as on these but 4” shorter. I’d love to trade that and some cash for your barrel and mag extension off your Police Mag.

Hmm, I will keep you in mind if I "pull the trigger" on this. :D

I may just order one to SBS, as the trade would be perfect.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I gotta be honest, I don’t think it’s worth SBSing one of these. At 18” it’s barely legal as is, and $200 to cut off 4 inches doesn’t seem worth it to me. Especially when you’re paying $600 for the gun. My 590A1 SBS was less than $600 even with the cost of the stamp.

Attachments

• 1145F7E1-1054-4CB0-B09D-339E5480B590.jpg
      1145F7E1-1054-4CB0-B09D-339E5480B590.jpg
      87.2 KB · Views: 320
    • FBD76AD3-C9F7-498F-82DE-1E3354D1091C.jpg
      FBD76AD3-C9F7-498F-82DE-1E3354D1091C.jpg
      85.4 KB · Views: 313

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I gotta be honest, I don’t think it’s worth SBSing one of these. At 18” it’s barely legal as is, and $200 to cut off 4 inches doesn’t seem worth it to me. Especially when you’re paying $600 for the gun. My 590A1 SBS was less than $600 even with the cost of the stamp.

But when did you buy it?

And what do they cost now?

I remember when Engage had them for under $300. I should have gotten one, but didn't.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    But when did you buy it?

And what do they cost now?

I remember when Engage had them for under $300. I should have gotten one, but didn't.

It was around $250 a couple years back. There’s a thread on the batch on here somewhere, several MDSers got them. There was a batch for $350 this past November.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It was around $250 a couple years back. There’s a thread on the batch on here somewhere, several MDSers got them. There was a batch for $350 this past November.

A couple of years back is NOT today.

Those were the ones I was remembering.

Even last November is not NOW. :)

And a Form 1 is faster than Form 4. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads