• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I am interested in putting a red dot on my Ruger PC9 and trying to decide on the best one. I had bought a Bushnell TRS-25 from Amazon but had to return it due to a defective front lens. I am leaning towards a Vortex because I think they make great optics. I have several Viper scopes. I was thinking either the Venom or the Crossfire. Who has a red dot on their Ruger PC9? And what is it? And why did you pick it? Oh, most of my shooting will be 100yards and in.

warmachine

... AS LONG AS THEY FEAR
    Jan 20, 2013
    FOB PUFFY
    I second Sig Romeo 5. I am an Aimpoint and EoTech person. However purchased Romeo 5 for project I was not sure I was going to like or keep and works great and Aimpoint bases work with it

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I went through a couple before settling on an Eotech. I use mine for competition. Even without a riser for the Eotech, I have to use a cheek pad to see through it properly.

Redbone1

Mar 1, 2020
    I have a sig Romeo 5 on mine. I like it so far. By taking the riser off and using the low height mount I don't need a pad on the stock to maintain a good cheek weld but I do have a big head. I would look for a optic that has a low mount. Sig Romeo 5, sig Romeo msr, and some of the holosuns would be good options that don't break the bank unless you want to spend aimpoint or trijicon money.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Romeo 5s are pretty much the least expensive "useable" red dot IMO for centerfire stuff. Eotechs have an awesome reticle and huge field of view, they are rugged, but are expensive with a short battery life. The Holosun 510 has a similar reticle and many of the features, but are a lot cheaper and the battery lasts a lot longer, good choice when you don't really need a "battle proven" sight like an EoTech, MRO or Aimpoint.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    When I go up to Bass Pro next time I am planning on comparing the Romeo5 and Vortex Crossfire. I think they both in the same price range. Vortex does have a lifetime warranty. I'm not sure what the warranty is with the Sig. Seems like the feedback here is very positive towards the Romeo5. That's good to know.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Just bought the PC9 and followed that up with a Romeo 5 . Have read a lot of good stuff about them and it seems like a nice dot.happy with the setup and it looks cool to me . Haven’t shot it yet but I plan on shooting the 124 +p in it . Thinking on buying another Romeo 5 for some other tools . Has anyone had an issue with it ? Starting year out right !

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just bought the PC9 and followed that up with a Romeo 5 . Have read a lot of good stuff about them and it seems like a nice dot.happy with the setup and it looks cool to me . Haven’t shot it yet but I plan on shooting the 124 +p in it . Thinking on buying another Romeo 5 for some other tools . Has anyone had an issue with it ? Starting year out right !

None for me. I love that sight. I've got a couple 9mm builds in progress and will top at least one of them off with the SR5.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I threw a cheap UTG red/green qd on mine for laughs. Like $45.

Turns out that placed fully forward on rail that it zeroed and has held for hundreds of rounds. Green shows up much better than red

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom