• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    No more Eagle Arms shows for me.

I haven't decided, but I'm leaning that way.

I don't have any interest in buying any polymer 80's, but then I didn't have any interest in bump stocks either.

One chip at a time...

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I spoke with who I think was the head hauncho a minute ago, he claims no one pressured him, there's gangs buying them 15 at a time, his vendors are applauding him.

I was respectful and gave him my opinion/that I would discontinue business with him until he reverted his decision. Here's his contact info if you're interested.

Call:*(610) 393-3047
    Email:*info@eagleshows.com

Might be useful to contact Appalachain too, I'm sure the lawless authorities will be leaning on them next.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    At some point we are going to have to admit that it is a problem with prohibited people buying and using these guns on the street. I really can't blame the guy for not wanting to be part of criminals getting these things.

"You done messed up now, A-Aron".

You will take a beating via text for that opinion here...right or wrong.

The vendor is likely 18-24 months ahead of legislation. The big violent cities are already blaming "ghost guns". Apparently they didn't have murder and gun violence prior to these 80% lowers hitting the market in the last 4-7 years

I'm sure there are folks out there buying these and selling them illegally. The other part is the uptick of "legit" ones made which are stolen. Between both avenues of criminals getting them, we will see legislation "fixing" this "issue".

Right or wrong...it is coming.

As for the promotion getting support from his vendors...I wonder why? What is the profit margin on 80% lower compared to a full firearm?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I want to thank them. I've never been to one of the PA shows and now I won't have to waste my time doing so. F them.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    At some point we are going to have to admit that it is a problem with prohibited people buying and using these guns on the street. I really can't blame the guy for not wanting to be part of criminals getting these things.

It's a shame we don't have any large buildings anywhere to keep these criminals off the street. Bars and barbed wire would be a nice touch too.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I want to thank them. I've never been to one of the PA shows and now I won't have to waste my time doing so. F them.

I was just thinking the same thing, as I stare at a stack of P80 frame boxes waiting for me to make them killy. My wife saw the black lettering on the boxes from across the room and says, “What’s a polymerbo?”

I just bought a pile of parts so she can finish her first one solo.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

so ban these kits because felons are using them? how bout we keep the f_cking felons in f_ucking jail and then we won't have f_ucking f_elons using guns in any form.

and, define 'problem.' how many thousands if not tens of thousands if not more of these kits are out in circulation and how many have been used in crime? and how many have been used by repeat criminals that, if they were put and kept in jail, wouldn't have committed further crimes?

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    If that's the case, why is it that all you guys are not calling your favorite gun dealer in Md and asking them why they are not selling P80 parts and supplies?
    If they really support the 2A then they should be selling G17, G19 uppers and lower parts kits, jigs and tools. They will sell anything else they can a dime on, why not P80 stuff?
    I think we had a good argument a few years ago when there were none of these guns being used in crimes but if the numbers in that article above are accurate, that's no longer the case.

EVERY dealer in my area DOES sell them. Everyone they get, they sell as fast as they're put on the shelf. If they don't have them in stock, it's only because they can't get them fast enough. It's what happens when idiots try to ban things people like.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    You obviously haven't seen the 80% pistol kits that any idiot can finish in about 5 minutes with a pair of pliers and a hand drill.

It was a little different when you had to spend a fair amount of time and money, and then have as least some mechanical ability to mill a 1911 or AR receiver.
    I knew when these Glock kits first came out that it wasn't going to be long before they started showing up on the streets the way they are today.

I'll give you $50 if you can finish a P80 kit in 5 minutes with hand tools and get it running without malfunctioning.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    If you read what I wrote, I never said anything in support of new legislation or banning anything. I'm just saying that we can't keep denying that it is becoming a problem.

We have a thread that shows retrieved guns when criminals are captured.
    How many "Ghost Guns" have we seen? Is this really THAT big of a problem?
    If that political windbag truly believes the troubles in Philly are being caused in a big way by the 80% kits, he's either a total idiot or is playing the old political blame game, "not my fault". Philly is every bit as big a sh!thole as Baltimore, and there's plenty more to Baltimore being a sh!thole than 80% kits.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Not buying it. They're saying that the gangs are buying them 15 at a time and then buying the slides, barrels and parts kits. If they're buying off the shelf they are paying WAY OVER RETAIL for a standard hand gun. Wouldn't that be traceable? Why are they not tracking these guys down? All the banks are turning over transactions aren't they? But then they are doing the machining, assembly and testing. All this to skirt the firearms laws THAT THEY ARE ALREADY IGNORING. Doesn't ring true. Doesn't get them anything except a paper trail. I work in data. You can make data say any damned thing you want. I repeat, I'm not buying that there is some huge uptick in gang crime using 'ghost guns'. That data is not real.

Now, if they were buying 10,000 at a time in order to arm military units with identical weapons to lower the servicing costs by their armorers and improve reliability with volume it might makes sense but again, hello paper trail.

Keeping them out of the gun shows wouldn't be a solution to this in any rational universe. Even if monkeys fly out my butt and it did help, it wouldn't even make the top five fastest ways to fix the problem.

And they all know it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom