Dec 29, 2008
    My POF-5’s have been fun.

2-F4557-AF-5-C33-4219-9-D62-A89-E03799425.jpg

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Dan at Baltimore's Best Pawn has NIB CZ Scorpions available right now. He's an IP on MDS. Give him a call and reserve one for yourself! He and his staff are great and will treat you very well. Highly recommended.

Cal68

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Dan at Baltimore's Best Pawn has NIB CZ Scorpions available right now. He's an IP on MDS. Give him a call and reserve one for yourself! He and his staff are great and will treat you very well. Highly recommended.

Cal68

I got my Scorpion from Dan at Baltimore's Best Pawn/MD Elite Firearms. Great place and service.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Oh, one PITA that I'll mention about the Scorpion is the damn factory barrel nut. Damn thing was on there VERY tight, and required a special tool to remove, but once it is off you are golden. Anyone need the tool?

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I put together an AR9 a few months ago from a lower I had in the safe. Got a Foxtrot Mike upper, and then bought endo mag conversions.
    If you’re not trying to break the bank, you can build one out for about $500.

It’s been a great range gun, and no issues at all with the endo mag conversions.

b754a8321f5957528754b02456531b1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I put together an AR9 a few months ago from a lower I had in the safe. Got a Foxtrot Mike upper, and then bought endo mag conversions.
    If you’re not trying to break the bank, you can build one out for about $500.

It’s been a great range gun, and no issues at all with the ending mag conversions.

b754a8321f5957528754b02456531b1a.jpg

8e61f7be1c00f725be1820a927dba902.jpg

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I am partial to my MP5 clone. So smooth compared to its direct blowback brother.

Attachments

• EC629DB4-FDFA-48B4-909A-D8ECB72A9589.jpg
      EC629DB4-FDFA-48B4-909A-D8ECB72A9589.jpg
      162 KB · Views: 281

warmachine

... AS LONG AS THEY FEAR
    Jan 20, 2013
    FOB PUFFY
    Don't countout the kriss vector. I didn't believe the hype on them but a friend brought one over to plink steel in the backyard and changed my views on them. What a fun gun and runs glock mags

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    Take a serious look at B&T. I have an APC9 that I like a lot. If I could do it over I’d probably go with the cheaper and GHM9.

At the price the scorpion currently goes for (and knowing you will likely change out the trigger, grip and a new set of its proprietary mags) today I’d spend a few hundered more on the GHM9.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Take a serious look at B&T. I have an APC9 that I like a lot. If I could do it over I’d probably go with the cheaper and GHM9.

At the price the scorpion currently goes for (and knowing you will likely change out the trigger, grip and a new set of its proprietary mags) today I’d spend a few hundered more on the GHM9.

How is the hydraulic recoil buffer system compared to a roller locking mechanism like the MP5?

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    How is the hydraulic recoil buffer system compared to a roller locking mechanism like the MP5?

Honestly nothing incredible. I have rented an MP5 and MPX and both felt noticeably softer than my APC9. The APC9 is softer than the scorpion or any blowback AR9.

The slow reloads of the MP5 is what turned me off to the platform.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    In any case, I went ahead and bought a PTR MP5 clone. The B&T was very tempting, but the MP5 is Old School...like me.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    In any case, I went ahead and bought a PTR MP5 clone. The B&T was very tempting, but the MP5 is Old School...like me.

good choice! I have several B&T's and I do love them. but my mp5 clones are by far my favorite. the new SP5's are absolutely beautiful!! 1 other thing is mp5 parts are available from several sources , and plentiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom