• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bilbob101001

Jan 17, 2021
    I tried calling last week to no avail. I want to ask them if I can pattern test my new Beretta A300 with the turkey choke and shot I bought at the range there. Does anyone have experience with pattern testing at Myrtle Grove recently? It’s kind of a hike so I wouldn’t want to drive there tomorrow morning to get turned around.

rifelman

Aug 7, 2008
    Calvert County
    The shotgun side is open, there are no target stands there. Just an area for throwing clays. If you brought your own patterning set up i don't see a problem with it. The lower range is for rifles and pistols, I think shotguns with slugs are OK down there. no shot though.

rehtlaw

Nov 28, 2009
    So. MD. area
    Not sure about using there stands for that down on the main range area. If you made a quick stand and use it up on the skeet area can't see why you should have any problem.

Bilbob101001

Jan 17, 2021
    Ah thanks for the info. I will try calling again in the morning. I will probably try to set up some card board stand in the trap area. Just want to make sure I got the pattern right before taking a shot at some unlucky Tom.

midnightSGT

Oct 17, 2013
    Calvert County
    I have asked and received the green light to pattern a shot gun on the trap side. I made my own target stand out of pvc pipe, it snaps together for easy pack up.

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    I have asked and received the green light to pattern a shot gun on the trap side. I made my own target stand out of pvc pipe, it snaps together for easy pack up.[/QUOT

Are you heading there anytime soon and willing to let someone else shoot at your stand?

midnightSGT

Oct 17, 2013
    Calvert County
    I do not have any plans to head out back out. I'm headed to Virginia for the Spring Gobbler Season opener this Saturday. You could also stop by a hardware store and get one of the realtor sign holders to hold a target. Or a large cardboard box stood on end with a sand bag in the bottom so it doesn't blow over. Tape a target to the box, easy peasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom