Attachments

• 20210414_114646.jpg
      20210414_114646.jpg
      61.3 KB · Views: 163

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I have a 10/22 with a Boyd's Monte Carlo stock that still has the tapered barrel.
    My question is how much accuracy is gained by installing the Bull Barrel?
    BTW, my tapered barrel seems to shoot pretty darned good as it is. Is the Bull Barrel really worth the $$ and will I see that much of a striking difference in accuracy?

I have two with stock barrels and they have acceptable accuracy and are fun. I’ve heard cleaning up the crown helps, but I found them to be fine for plinking and squirrel.

My KIDD lightweight barrel is far more accurate. This is 5 at 50y with Eley club. I also have the magpul stock.

a916067d6111d329537cf89b41d2d00b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    I have two with stock barrels and they have acceptable accuracy and are fun. I’ve heard cleaning up the crown helps, but I found them to be fine for plinking and squirrel.

My KIDD lightweight barrel is far more accurate. This is 5 at 50y with Eley club. I also have the magpul stock.

a916067d6111d329537cf89b41d2d00b.jpg

Very nice. What do you run for sights/optics on that setup?

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    No cool factor in a wood stock but some can be so pretty. I have a beautiful wood stock on my CZ457 Varmint. I need to take some pictures and post.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    What stock you is best really depends on usage. You're probably not using the same stock for NRL22/PRS compared to Steel Challenge. The Titan22 stock that people have recommended is a pretty good option for precision applications.

I am a Steel Challenge guy. I think the Magpul stock works really well. It is a touch heavier than it needs to be, but it feels just perfect. My son is a little more weight and LOP sensitive, so I've got him using the Blackhawk stock. Not sure how I feel about it for an adult, it's sorta cheap-feeling, uses commercial sotcks, and I don't think it points as well. But I've also seen dudes placing top 10 at rimfire SC nationals using it, so you can clearly make it work with the right technique.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I picked this stock up in the MDS classifieds a few weeks ago. Pretty and girly, just like me.
    The LOP is a bit short for my gorilla arms, but it is very light and targets can be acquired quickly.

Well it does have a girl’s name....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom