• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'll need to print both out , but a quick glance seems to include : Senate restricting to Texas residents , and increasing plenalty for criminal misuse to 1st Deg felony , and possession of weapon by " member of criminal street gang " to 3rd Deg felony .

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I'll need to print both out , but a quick glance seems to include : Senate restricting to Texas residents , and increasing plenalty for criminal misuse to 1st Deg felony , and possession of weapon by " member of criminal street gang " to 3rd Deg felony .

I think you’re correct. There’s also a 21 age requirement but that’s pretty standard.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Why is this so hard to get passed in Texas ?

TX is not the deep red state you might think it is. The democrats have always had good foot hold out there. The R's are doing their usual spineless tap dance to appease and not get voted out to totally flip the balance of power. Coupled with the liberal cancer invasion I bet TX will eventually become another democrat controlled plantation where the cities will control the rest of the state like here in MD.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    I don’t, Texas GOA doesn’t like the new Senate Bill so that’s sorta telling. The new Senate bill and new secret Committee are supposed to come together this week...

Shoot, just copy what some other state has. I like Mississippi - no permit needed for most things, and getting a permit lets you walk past no gun signs. I've carried in the Capitol Building and the Governor's Mansion.

(It was funny, however - the police know the laws and are supportive, but didn't seem to know what the requirement/process was for going through the metal detectors. I told them I was carrying, they asked for my permit, then told me to go through the metal detector. I told him it's just going to set it off, and he said, "well, put all metal in the bin." To which I asked, you want me to unholster a pistol? And he kind of laughed and said, "I guess just set off the detector, the rules say you have to go through.")

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    TX is not the deep red state you might think it is. The democrats have always had good foot hold out there. The R's are doing their usual spineless tap dance to appease and not get voted out to totally flip the balance of power. Coupled with the liberal cancer invasion I bet TX will eventually become another democrat controlled plantation where the cities will control the rest of the state like here in MD.

Wherever you have large cities (and TX has several) that's what you get. If you look at the ConCarry map you'll see the states that are green are overwhelmingly rural and lack major cities.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Wherever you have large cities (and TX has several) that's what you get. If you look at the ConCarry map you'll see the states that are green are overwhelmingly rural and lack major cities.

I have flown into houston for work several times. You start seeing the 'city' about 30 minutes before you land. Sprawl in every single direction as far as the eye can see...

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I have flown into houston for work several times. You start seeing the 'city' about 30 minutes before you land. Sprawl in every single direction as far as the eye can see...

Tell me about it. I grew up there and it was bad as a kid. Took an hour to drive from one side of town to the other 30 years ago. My parents and sisters still live there so I'm back every so often. I'd much rather be in the Hill Country.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Governor Abbott has come out and he will sign a ConCarry bill if passed, also saying it’s overdue. This should help move things through the Senate which has a Committee Public Hearing tomorrow (Thursday)

While I am delighted by Abbott finally speaking up and supporting Constitutional Carry, I am a bit pissed he waited so long to do so. It may be a good sign that there are enough calls, emails, office visits, etc. to convince Abbott and others of the citizens support that failing to pass this bill will be a threat to reelection.

The energy to get this done is pretty high in the 2A community here. There has been enough backroom backstabbing in the past that while growing increasingly optimistic, I won't believe it really happened until the ink is dry and the signature turning it into law has been certified as being Abbott's by a top handwriting expert.

Off to put the final polish on my testimony for tomorrow and to make a few more calls to Lt. Dan's office. Thankfully, my Senator is on the committee and has voiced strong public support. Let's get this party started!

krucam

Ultimate Member
    While I am delighted by Abbott finally speaking up and supporting Constitutional Carry, I am a bit pissed he waited so long to do so. It may be a good sign that there are enough calls, emails, office visits, etc. to convince Abbott and others of the citizens support that failing to pass this bill will be a threat to reelection.

The energy to get this done is pretty high in the 2A community here. There has been enough backroom backstabbing in the past that while growing increasingly optimistic, I won't believe it really happened until the ink is dry and the signature turning it into law has been certified as being Abbott's by a top handwriting expert.

Off to put the final polish on my testimony for tomorrow and to make a few more calls to Lt. Dan's office. Thankfully, my Senator is on the committee and has voiced strong public support. Let's get this party started!

Thanks for showing up tomorrow and Good Luck!!

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    It must feel great to be advocating for pro gun policy that actually has a snowballs chance in hell of passing vs fighting to simply keep what bad policy you already have from getting worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom