Citadel Boss 25 semi auto 12 gauge, anyone have one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Could only find limited info online about this "AR Style" 12 gauge.
    Locally, I've seen one for $600, and one for just over $500, and am considering adding one to the boat.

It comes with two 5 round magazines, but I did locate 10, 19, and even a 40 round drum for it. Not that I'd want to lug around a shotgun with 40 rounds dangling out of the magwell... :o

Every review that I watched, claims that they run great with any decent loads, and aren't designed for "bird shot" light loads, which I totally understand.

Just wondering if anyone here owns one, or has owned one, and what your thoughts are/were about it.

I like my AR's, and I like my shotguns, so this appears to be a nice, inexpensive "crossover" long gun.

Attachments

• citadel boss 25.jpg
      citadel boss 25.jpg
      14.4 KB · Views: 684
    • citadel boss 25..2.jpg
      citadel boss 25..2.jpg
      21.5 KB · Views: 718

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Biggest consideration to my mind, and regardless of what it appears may be available, Make SURE you can order - and that you DO order - however many mags you’ll want for that platform - ever - at SAME a time you buy any of these mag fed scatter guns!

I don’t own one and don’t know anyone that does (only other one I’ve held was the 1919 ...) but, after a ton of research and giving the whole mag thing lots of consideration I went all in and ordered the IWI Tavor TS-12.

I realize I could’ve likely purchased 2 (or 2-1/2) of the detachable mag models for what the Tavor set me back but, when I considered how compact 15 2-3/4” shells are “on board” the TS-12, vs trying to carry 3 box mags the size of small phone books (okay, maybe closer to bible size!) that cinched it, for me ...

Actually, at a hair over 28” the compactness of the tavor overall was a real motivator for us, in traveling by vehicle, etc.

I got it online sent to my FFL from either Preppers Gun Shop or GunZoneDeal or Joe Bob’s Outfitters and my FFL said I got it for the same price he’d have paid and then marked up (he’s only too happy to do transfers for customer ordering offline as in the long run it saves him a lot of time, storing inventory, etc.

All that said, the one in your photo sure looks a lot sexier than the spacey-looking ts-12 ...!

LOL, I imagine if I ever even took it out of it’s dedicated little “overnight suitcase” travel bag at the trap and skeet fields there’d be Fudds dropping like snowflakes! (Hmmmm, doing the whole “little angel” on one shoulder / “little devil” on the other thing in my head, right now!)

Then, there is also this coming dove season, hehe!

Attachments

• 7ADE5CE2-975C-4671-8719-25F1D54555E7.jpg
      7ADE5CE2-975C-4671-8719-25F1D54555E7.jpg
      21.6 KB · Views: 691

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Yeah, that one is wild looking.

Good idea on the mags. Right now, they are available everywhere for roughly $50 each (10 rounder). They interchange with at least a few other mag fed 12 gauges as well.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I don’t own one and don’t know anyone that does (only other one I’ve held was the 1919 ...) but, after a ton of research and giving the whole mag thing lots of consideration I went all in and ordered the IWI Tavor TS-12.

I realize I could’ve likely purchased 2 (or 2-1/2) of the detachable mag models for what the Tavor set me back but, when I considered how compact 15 2-3/4” shells are “on board” the TS-12, vs trying to carry 3 box mags the size of small phone books (okay, maybe closer to bible size!) that cinched it, for me ...

I had to look that one up.
    That is awkward looking and awesome all at the same time.

Choppin

Coming in hot
    Jun 22, 2020
    Fern-Dizzle
    I have one, bought it when the Panzers ran dry. Had it for over a year now and it’s been flawless for me. I have a few 10 rounders and a drum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom