• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I think most of the malls are in a race............to the bottom. I haven't been to White Marsh Mall in 15 years, nor any other mall

I occasionally go to Bass Pro but I DO NOT step into the mall.

I have found in general that in the last 8 years or so, if I go to a brick and mortar store for a particular item....they don't have it. I'm even talking the littlest shit, like dental floss.

I shop 99% on line and I get EXACTLY what I want.

I am exactly the same way. Unless it's something I need immediately, or groceries, I never really go to a brick and mortar anymore. They never have what I need, and with free delivery, why waste my time looking for a product thats not there.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    There is a YouTube channel showing abandon or dying malls. Its pretty good, but upon looking at that channel, most brick and mortar shops are a losing proposition.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I was in the mall Sunday with my wife and son , carrying a hunk of iron in the .45 caliber variety . Don't ask don't tell , i don't give two "F's" what they say or what they write down .

I go to the malls because my son loves to walk around the malls and we pick up lunch or dinner . I do it for my son .

I hate to say it, but that is what I did while driving to and from Md to Fl with 4 Harleys in our trailer, a 28 foot box truck and a Mobile home full of household items we were hauling to Tampa to move my buddy's dad. My 2 buddies with their wives slept in the motel, I made space in the trailer and slept in it.

I had heard too many horror stories of people not only getting bikes stolen from motels, but trailers and trucks the whole shebang. I am sorry, I was not going to go, unprotected, even if for some reason, I would have had to explain I was taking my gun from Md to my home in Fl.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I grew up with Springfield Mall as my #1 mall hangout in the 80's, Landmark Mall as my #2 and Potomac Mills as my #3. Used to hit up Time Out 1 and 2 Arcades for fun, Taco Laredo or Pizza Delite for sicilian pies and Mexican Munchies, and Herman's or Sports Authority for my Sporting Goods. Bought my Dunlop racquets at Springfield Mall, my Timberlands at Landmark and my Glock 20 gen2 at Potomac Mills. Wouldn't set a foot in any of them these days, though, as I recall roving bands of hoodlums harassing girls and old people had invaded them by even 20 years ago.

Pizza Delite was a major distributor of heroine during the 70's and 80's at Springfield Mall. Springfield Mall went to crap when they expanded it.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Pizza Delite was a major distributor of heroine during the 70's and 80's at Springfield Mall. Springfield Mall went to crap when they expanded it.

I didn't hear that about the horse. Among metal monsters like myself, it was known more for its Sicilian pizza with side of 8-ball...not that I personally was willing to touch that rich man's powder.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

My ex-GF managed that mall in the 90's. She left there and managed the Mall of the Emirates with the ski slope inside it.

PEEJAY

Dec 2, 2020
    LOL...

The Missus went into her school on a Monday several years ago, and the building supervisor commented, "You went to the range yesterday."

She was baffled how he knew. She had her purse with her, and he (being a former Marine) could smell the GSR on it.

;)

HAHA thats awesome! reminds me of the guy from apocalypse now "love the smell of napalm in the mornin"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom