• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I'm having trouble discerning the difference between PMC X-Tac XP 193 and PMC M193 ballistically. I've been using the XP193 for years and really like it but now I only seem to find M193. Whassup??

I have a funny feeling this has been debated before. Need help from the brain trust.

WHADAYATHINK??

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    PMC X-Tac is the only PMC I will use in my ARs, their "normal" stuff is inconsistent. I will get 3-4 rounds per box that just don't have enough oomph that causes cycling issues.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Necro thread alert!

I was at a gun show this weekend and out of curiosity (wasn't looking to, and did not, buy any) I compared a couple of vendors who had 5.56 PMC X-Tac and found something curious. Both were 55 grain, same velocity and other specs written on the box, but one box had the added label of M193. Looking on line I see boxes with both labels advertised as M193 even though some boxes don't have the M193 on the label.

My question: does the M193 label have any significance, or is it all the same regardless of label as long as it's X-Tac 55 grain? I looked but didn't find any explanation on PMC's web site.Necro thread alert!

I was at a gun show this weekend and out of curiosity (wasn't looking to, and did not, buy any) I compared a couple of vendors who had 5.56 PMC X-Tac and found something curious. Both were 55 grain, same velocity and other specs written on the box, but one box had the added label of M193. Looking on line I see boxes with both labels advertised as M193 even though some boxes don't have the M193 on the label.

My question: does the M193 label have any significance, or is it all the same regardless of labeling as long as it's X-Tac 55 grain? I looked but didn't find any explanation on PMC's web site.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    M193 as a marketing term has no significance anymore, other than maybe "this is 55gr ammo". I wish I could find the link, but someone on ARFCOM ran a test and found that major M193 brands had been substantially watered down from the previous max-pressure loads that were previously available.

I would also argue strongly that M193 itself is no great shakes as ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom