• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    A while back I was bitten by the revolver bug, specifically Colt revolvers. In my recent search for a good deal on an older Python (which I never found) I came across a gun I had never heard of, the Colt Whitetailer II in .357 Magnum. I jumped on it cause why not. Apparently it's built on a King Cobra frame and was only made for a couple years. Does anyone here own one or know much more about them? Do they have timing issues like some of the other older Colts?

Attachments

• 20210512_180119.jpg
      20210512_180119.jpg
      54.8 KB · Views: 359

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The Whitetailer II is built on the King Cobra frame with a vent rib barrel similar to the Python...the vents are for attaching the scope plus the obvious Python look though it has a completely different action than the Python.

These revolvers do not have the timing issues the older Colt frame would show after enough rounds were put through it. The King Cobra action was one of the strongest made. They're also quite collectible today. If complete with case they go anywhere from $3500-$5500.

Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    TOMB, thanks for the information. I've trust you with all things Colt. Really glad to know it shouldn't have the timing issues. And Wow!!! I did better than I thought. I still haven't gotten it to the range just yet. Also, it came with a gray padded Colt case. I would assume it's the original.

Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    I'll definitely keep that in mind, but for now I kinda like the idea of having something that not too people know about. I think it'll be a good conversation piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom