• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I'd love to see a pic of the block(sans rail) and the portion of the barrel forward of the GB

Don't know how to take this handgaurd off :(

Attachments

• 20210602_194334.jpg
      20210602_194334.jpg
      119.4 KB · Views: 61
    • 20210602_194509.jpg
      20210602_194509.jpg
      106.8 KB · Views: 61

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I recall now. A long time ago I had the carbine tube like that and it does unscrew. But I sent it back as it wasn't what I ultimately wanted. So I did not get to see how it works with the barrel nut conclusively.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Don't know how to take this handgaurd off :(

It would be helpful to see both front and back side of the gas block. It will tell us whether or not you have carbon forming around the gas block. Carbon leakage is a good thing. It seals the GB to the barrel journal. We also need to see if you have an excess(on the front side) of carbon forming from the bleed-of port. I'm not sure if you are using your GB in the 'restriction' mode or the 'bleed-off' mode. The carbon trails(or lack there of) will hint to what is going on inside the block.

If possible, it would be a huge help if you took the gun back to the range and tried to put the gas block through its paces, even if you have to shoot it single action. Shoot it wide open(4.5 clicks open), restricted(reducing by clicks til shut off), and bleed-off mode(continue to open the block beyond 4.5 clicks). The main thing is, do not clean any carbon deposits of the barrel or GB.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    To remove handguard, using a strap wrench, loosen the black collar which locks the guard in index. Once the collar is all the way loose, the handguard should unscrew off towards the muzzle. Hopefully they didn't locktite the collar on.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    To remove handguard, using a strap wrench, loosen the black collar which locks the guard in index. Once the collar is all the way loose, the handguard should unscrew off towards the muzzle. Hopefully they didn't locktite the collar on.

I bet they used Rocksett. JK

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom