• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ikaros240

Aug 11, 2020
    Natchez had some PMC bronze 223 and 556 around 45 cpr earlier this morning, and some hollow point match for 66cpr.
    I think we are seeing the end of the tunnel guys

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I don’t see any more supply, just less demand as people are shifting to summer activities.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I don’t see any more supply, just less demand as people are shifting to summer activities.
    Summer is when demand goes up. People start being outdoors more, matches really start going again, etc.

I do think Remington coming back online will help supply, though.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Summer is when demand goes up. People start being outdoors more, matches really start going again, etc.

I do think Remington coming back online will help supply, though.

That is counter to what a few gun stores have told me in the past. Summer is generally dead for firearms sales and it picks up heavily in winter.

Just an anecdote, but I've heard it enough times to think there is some truth to it.

Any IP's feel free to chime in and tell me I am wrong.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Blackout has been interesting. Ammo Jon might know more. It looks like steel cased has been booming in production. Brass cased has a bunch of smaller manufacturers pumping out stuff but it's hard to find brass from major manufacturers.

JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    I saw steel-cased 9mm for 50 cent/round today, and a lot of it. Cheapest I've seen it in months. Also some .308 for under $1 a round.

gwfrench

Aug 21, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    All the new gun owners (but non-shooters), may have finally finished buying ammo, realizing they bought a dozen boxes in the last year, and still have a dozen boxes left.

csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD
    Blackout has been interesting. Ammo Jon might know more. It looks like steel cased has been booming in production. Brass cased has a bunch of smaller manufacturers pumping out stuff but it's hard to find brass from major manufacturers.

Yup. Sig had 300 BO available everyday for a couple of weeks back in March, and then it dried up. Federal has had American Eagle on their site in the early mornings lately, and that's most of what I saw at multiple tables at the HoCo show this past weekend. TulAmmo, Wolf and Barnaul have been everywhere for the last few months.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co

Hey Jon, what's your take on the lack of supply? Is it production issues? Materials? I really want you back in the C2C business. :)

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I have 10 buckets I'll sell.....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      30.8 KB · Views: 952

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Hey Jon, what's your take on the lack of supply? Is it production issues? Materials? I really want you back in the C2C business. :)

I think it was a perfect storm. Covid preventing full production lines running, historic amount of new shooters, political change, MSM banging TEOTWAWKI drums, etc, etc.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I have 10 buckets I'll sell.....
    Yeah, Right.....

I just dropped $250 on ammo at Bass Pro.....

1000 rds. of .22....

.....and 100 rounds of 9mm
    .....and 50 rounds of .38 Special
    .....and 20 rounds of .308
    .....oh, and 250 rounds of 12 ga. 7 1/2s.

.....and that included MDs 6% cut!!!!

I'll admit there was more ammo there than I've seen in a long time, but the prices were reasonable.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    With Bidenomics, price will only stay low until double digit inflation kicks in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom