• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hankhank

Jan 31, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I already have a wear and carry permit and need to renew.
    I took the renewal class and have a renewal certificate.

When I go on line to the MSP portal, it looks like I am applying fresh for the wear and carry. Is that correct? and do I need to get fingerprinted again and submit a new photo?

Thanks

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    And even if you get it in early , they will let the permit expire because they are guessing you have a PA permit you will have to mail back to the sheriff . Maryland has a bunch of malcontents work the Permit Division IMHO

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    And even if you get it in early , they will let the permit expire because they are guessing you have a PA permit you will have to mail back to the sheriff

I see nothing at PA.gov supporting that. PA states that it can not issue a (5 year) license to a resident of another state who does not permit issued by their home state. It see nothing suggesting that the home state permit must then be concurrent. My PA permit has no such restriction.

??

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I see nothing at PA.gov supporting that. PA states that it can not issue a (5 year) license to a resident of another state who does not permit issued by their home state. It see nothing suggesting that the home state permit must then be concurrent. My PA permit has no such restriction.

??

When I received my PA permit I was told that if I did not renew my MD one that I would have to relinquish my PA permit by mail. Last time I renewed MD I seem to remember receiving some correspondence from PA, Email, phone Letter stating that as my MD permit would expire I need to send updated information or my permit back. This was 3 years ago so my memory may be a little foggy. I did not have an issue with MD sending the permit back as to let my PA expire. Is this new, in practice or a single person got his MD permit back after expiration date anecdotal.

NOBODY

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom