• Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    Still waiting for a poly frame P7...

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    My concern with the VP9 is fragility. My concern with the P7 is not being swamped by Marines at the range. About half the marines I know have one for some reason. As a result, I shoot them fairly frequently and just don’t get it. They are fine pistols—capable of very good accuracy—but the grip is annoying. Notably, none of them carry their P7s unless they are going to a wedding or other formal event necessitating class and BBQ guns.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My concern with the VP9 is fragility. My concern with the P7 is not being swamped by Marines at the range. About half the marines I know have one for some reason. As a result, I shoot them fairly frequently and just don’t get it. They are fine pistols—capable of very good accuracy—but the grip is annoying. Notably, none of them carry their P7s unless they are going to a wedding or other formal event necessitating class and BBQ guns.

Not every hand is the same. My VP9 fits spectacular. P7s and 8s are cute and meh.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Not every hand is the same. My VP9 fits spectacular. P7s and 8s are cute and meh.
    The VP9s that I have fired have felt really good in the hand. I thought polymer felt a little chintzy, but could be wrong. I have read that the striker can lock up really easily if oil or water gets in the channel, but am not sure how much I care. Beyond that, the ones I tried had the euro style paddles for mag release, and those seem a lot more breakable than a button. Though they worked great and very were ergonomic. Not sure if those are on current models or if they swapped to a button.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The VP9s that I have fired have felt really good in the hand. I thought polymer felt a little chintzy, but could be wrong. I have read that the striker can lock up really easily if oil or water gets in the channel, but am not sure how much I care. Beyond that, the ones I tried had the euro style paddles for mag release, and those seem a lot more breakable than a button. Though they worked great and very were ergonomic. Not sure if those are on current models or if they swapped to a button.

There is a VP9 made with the button (VP9 B). I like the paddles. I release with my trigger finger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom