• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reezie

Aug 18, 2020
    Has anyone had any issues with PSA not shipping lowers to maryland

jmb122mp

Nov 2, 2016
    I purchased a PSA stripped lower directly from Fire for Effect on Jumpers Hole Rd in Pasadena in Feb 2020. Looks like they have changed their name to FTS LLC. They are listed as an FFL Dealer on File on the PSA website as well as about 10-15 other FFL's in the Pasadena area. Might be worth a call to one of them.

Reezie

Aug 18, 2020
    I purchased a PSA stripped lower directly from Fire for Effect on Jumpers Hole Rd in Pasadena in Feb 2020. Looks like they have changed their name to FTS LLC. They are listed as an FFL Dealer on File on the PSA website as well as about 10-15 other FFL's in the Pasadena area. Might be worth a call to one of them.

yeah i think im just going to contact my ffl and see if they can order it for me and i buy through them instead. process is just a headache

Vodnik4

Between two waters
    Jan 8, 2021
    Slower, lower MD
    Fred’s ordered one for me through their channel. No problems. It might be a difference between us mortals putting in an order or a PSA dealer putting in an order.

Somehow they even got me a better price than the “daily deals” price I was trying to get.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    yeah i think im just going to contact my ffl and see if they can order it for me and i buy through them instead. process is just a headache

Directly, yes it's an issue, going through an FFL and having them order what you want, while a PITA, removes the perceived issue PSA has.

In the past, I know they would not ship a competed lower to MD, stripped weren't a problem.

Directly, yes it's an issue, going through an FFL and having them order what you want, while a PITA, removes the perceived issue PSA has.

PSA will accept an order for a stripped lower from a private person to be shipped to their FFL. Conversely, PSA will only accept a complete lower order from a MD FFL.
    Stripped Lower- Order it yourself
    Complete Lower- Your FFL must place the order.

drking2

Ultimate Member
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carroll County
    Now they won't sent a complete lower to MD no matter who orders it. Also been taking their sweet time refunding the money. Stripped lowers are hit and miss

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Now they won't sent a complete lower to MD no matter who orders it. Also been taking their sweet time refunding the money. Stripped lowers are hit and miss

This is odd because about 2 months ago I had a friend order two PSA lowers and I had two other people each order lowers from PSA around the same time.

No issues whatsoever and shipped within 24 hours. All 3 were ordered to MD.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    PSA's website has no changes in respect to MD

"Stripped lower receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:

Colorado (Boulder, Denver, Vail)
    Connecticut
    Massachusetts
    New York

Complete AR and AK receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:

California
    Colorado (Boulder,Denver, Vail)
    Connecticut
    Maryland
    New Jersey
    New York

Non-Compliant AR & AK models will NOT be shipped to the following states:

California (No “assault weapons” can be shipped.)
    Connecticut
    Maryland
    New Jersey
    New York"

If you're ordering an AR receiver with any parts in the same bundle, it will be denied. Your FFL can place the same order and have it approved. From their commentary on the policy on anther forum, their philosophy is that your FFL is the expert on state laws and will not be doing something illegal, vs some AG might blame them for selling an illegal combination of parts and a receiver to some random dude. A complete receiver includes anything other than the serialized component, like the fire control group and a stock, even if it's missing the upper/ barrel/bolt carrier.

Reezie

Aug 18, 2020

yeah i got my money refunded and just got a lower locally. PSA can eat a dick

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    pretty tarded

PSA's website has no changes in respect to MD

"Stripped lower receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:

Colorado (Boulder, Denver, Vail)
    Connecticut
    Massachusetts
    New York

Complete AR and AK receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:

California
    Connecticut
    Maryland
    New Jersey
    New York

Non-Compliant AR & AK models will NOT be shipped to the following states:

California (No “assault weapons” can be shipped.)
    Connecticut
    Maryland
    New Jersey
    New York"

If you're ordering an AR receiver with any parts in the same bundle, it will be denied. Your FFL can place the same order and have it approved. From their commentary on the policy on anther forum, their philosophy is that your FFL is the expert on state laws and will not be doing something illegal, vs some AG might blame them for selling an illegal combination of parts and a receiver to some random dude. A complete receiver includes anything other than the serialized component, like the fire control group and a stock, even if it's missing the upper/ barrel/bolt carrier.

so you order the same thing as the FFL would that would have to go through aid FFL regardless. Like that stupid commercial where the guys says we said the same thing but I did this and you did that with your hands. smh

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    A few years ago I ordered a complete PA-10 308 lower. Palmetto wouldn’t ship it to the ffl, and cancelled my order. I had the ffl order the thing and it went through. That was the last time I made a purchase through them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom