• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So Boyds has a "pre-built" "rapid fire" stocks page. These are already built with nice mark downs. I got a $245 for $156 for my Ruger American Predator. A lot of left handed stocks if that's what you need.

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/rapid-fire

[EDIT] Read the "ATTENTION CUSTOMERS" line because some of these have minor imperfections.

[EDIT 2] I just picked up a nice Ruger 10/22 laminate stock in pepper for $102. Normally $157. And Boyds does not charge sales tax.

Last edited:

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Sheesh,, guessing I need a shower.
    Last two orders for 10/22 stocks they cancelled,, saying it was a prohibited item in MD - "Spike Camp" laminated stock in pink. Maybe it is the pink that is prohibited?

I am. And so far they are sending it. Go figure.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Last two orders for 10/22 stocks they cancelled,, saying it was a prohibited item in MD - "Spike Camp" laminated stock in pink. Maybe it is the pink that is prohibited?

I guess they could still cancel it. They charged my credit card though. At what point did they cancel your order?

lonewolf220

Oct 10, 2014
    Hampstead

Is it a thumbhole stock? Back in 2016 they wouldn’t sell me one and when contacted they said thumbhole stocks are considered “Assault Weapons” in certain states and wouldn’t ship them to states with restrictions.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Ok - I am betting that they cancel my order. They have not yet and I ordered on May 26th, but we shall see.

[EDIT] Brownells has the same stock. I bet they'll ship it to Maryland.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Bolt action versus semi-auto? That might be why my order went through?

[EDIT] Got a shipping confirmation. Guess it's for semi-auto only. As crazy as the laws are in NY and CA, who knows.

Last edited:

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Yes a T-Hole stock,, talking to the OP, it appears Boyd's "trigger" for not shipping to MD is "T-hole stock for SA rifle" is a no-go.

Is it a thumbhole stock? Back in 2016 they wouldn’t sell me one and when contacted they said thumbhole stocks are considered “Assault Weapons” in certain states and wouldn’t ship them to states with restrictions.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have bought many from them for bolt types, without issue. As recently as February, and going back 10 years.

Yeah - while searching the Internet yesterday I found a post on some forum that stated Boyds would not ship ANY thumb hole stocks to ban states - but now I can't find where I saw that. Anyways - it's definitely semi-auto. Not good either, but at least we can get them for our bolt action rifles.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Yeah, who needs "Gun Laws" when you can get the manufactures/suppliers to do your dirty work. And after we get used to it we can have the attitude "Well at least we are allowed to have 2 guns and 20 rounds at our home"
    Phuck Boyds, they are not 2A friendly and side with the gun banners,, time to make them pay for their limp wristed position.

BTW - What is a "Ban State" ??

Yeah - while searching the Internet yesterday I found a post on some forum that stated Boyds would not ship ANY thumb hole stocks to ban states - but now I can't find where I saw that. Anyways - it's definitely semi-auto. Not good either, but at least we can get them for our bolt action rifles.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Yeah, who needs "Gun Laws" when you can get the manufactures/suppliers to do your dirty work. And after we get used to it we can have the attitude "Well at least we are allowed to have 2 guns and 20 rounds at our home"
    Phuck Boyds, they are not 2A friendly and side with the gun banners,, time to make them pay for their limp wristed position.

BTW - What is a "Ban State" ??

In the same dictionary that has the definition for "assault rifle" :)

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to do business with Boyds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom