• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    I just got my 03FFL in the mail last night but they misspelled my address. They changed the A to an O and I looked back at my copies of the original paperwork and I definitely didn’t misspell it.

My question is: does this matter or do I need to contact ATF and have it fixed before I can use it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I just got my 03FFL in the mail last night but they misspelled my address. They changed the A to an O and I looked back at my copies of the original paperwork and I definitely didn’t misspell it.

My question is: does this matter or do I need to contact ATF and have it fixed before I can use it?

If you intend to use it to have firearms shipped to your address, yes, you should definitely have it changed, and do that before you send out copies.

FFL 01s are already reluctant to deal with C&R holders.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I would have them correct it. You don't want some seller to notice it and they decide not to ship because the address isn't "correct"

You paid $30 just like everyone else no need to accept subpar work!

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Call the licensing center on Needy Rd. in Martinsburg, WV. Inform them of their mistake and let them know that you need the address corrected. They'll point you in the right direction of the form(s) you need to use to take care of it.

The "kit" is the giant packet of information that arrived either before or after your FFL with all the regs and whatnot. There should be a change of address form in it.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    Call the licensing center on Needy Rd. in Martinsburg, WV. Inform them of their mistake and let them know that you need the address corrected. They'll point you in the right direction of the form(s) you need to use to take care of it.

The "kit" is the giant packet of information that arrived either before or after your FFL with all the regs and whatnot. There should be a change of address form in it.

Ohh ok, I haven’t received that packet, maybe it will be here in a couple days.

Sundancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Harford County
    My packet arrived several weeks after my license and was missing a few items (they included a sheet that told me what was missing). I believe the change of address form was included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jul 1, 2012
    It's not really a change of address though, it's fixing a typo. As mentioned above a few times, go to the source and contact the licensing folks. I'd do like euler suggested and email them first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom