• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBear

Mar 16, 2021
    Baltimore
    I’m aware of the ammo shortage, but does anyone have any info on the firearms shortage. I’ve been looking to add to my struggling collection but even my 5th option is out of stock. Accessories are even scarce. I know many of you are involved in the industry in different levels, does anyone have any insight or is it a sit and wait kind of thing?

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I’m aware of the ammo shortage, but does anyone have any info on the firearms shortage. I’ve been looking to add to my struggling collection but even my 5th option is out of stock. Accessories are even scarce. I know many of you are involved in the industry in different levels, does anyone have any insight or is it a sit and wait kind of thing?

What are you looking for?

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    To paraphrase what they said on "Airplane!", the movie: "I sure picked a bad day (year) to...buy guns.".

Been into this since 1965 and I have never seen supplies so short nor prices so high. If it's a scary-looking sort of firearm, "now" might actually be the time to buy, as supplies dwindle, people horde and restrictions increase. If it's a regular, not-so-scary-looking firearm, my own wild-ass guess is that prices will eventually come back down.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I'm getting far more regular emails from companies like Classic, AIM, and BCA about stuff being in stock and ready to go. It's mostly the basic 223/556 or x39 stuff though as it appeals to a broader category of buyers at the moment.

GBear

Mar 16, 2021
    Baltimore
    Are you using search engines?

A friend blew just north of $50k on firearms and standard cap mags in March and first half of April. Paid up (very few “bargains”) but, can’t think of too many firearms that weren’t located via:

1) Ammoseek.com https://ammoseek.com/ (guns and mags, not just ammo);

2) Gun.Deals.com https://gun.deals/ ; and,

3) GunEngine.com https://www.gunengine.com/

Yup. Tried all of them. Found one listing for over $4k.
    WTF!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom