Which Stock for a Tikka T3X Compact Lite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have a 223 Rem Tikka T3X Lite compact (20" barrel) and I want to replace the factory plastic barrel. I am looking at Boyds stocks but any recommendations will be considered.

Thoughts?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Depends on purpose and weight tolerance. Best bang for buck is the KRG Bravo. A chassis with stock-like ergonomics that takes aics pattern mags (your 223, I'd recommend the accurate brand steels with the 223 insert).

In a stock, check out bell and carlson. Stockys usually has them with both OEM and M5 stealth bottom metal inlets.

One step up in weight and price would be one of the mpa ba competition chassis.

Top of the line would be manners stock (pick the configuration that appeals to you) or a KRG whisky three chassis.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    A Boyd's laminated stock is a nice option if you want a 'wood' stock. I put one on a rem 700 and it's a really nice stock, pretty much indestructible and looks sweet. Just built a rifle with an AG Composites carbon fiber stock and I really like it so far, depends on what you want and what you want it for.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    If you are set on laminate, you can check to see if bobby hart laminates are available for tikkas (I've done them in steel epoxy bedding for a couple of friends and installed Whidden accublocks in a couple but all were 700s or custom action clones).

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Oryx may also meet your needs (https://oryxchassis.com/us/oryx-bolt-action-rifle-chassis.html) - I put one under a Savage 110 and it is comfortable and the groups tightened up. Not sure if the 3 stocks for Tikas will work for your rifle, but might be worth a call to them to confirm.

Yes, the oryx is available for OPs rifle. Pm reynolds25, he used to run one. I think he might have sold it on the classifieds a while back to go with a stock instead but he can provide firsthand info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom