• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    I read the whole thing, and am pretty sure the wording and scoring system is designed to make virtually every pistol with a brace a sbr.

I mean, you get dinged for having buis on the gun as if that is somehow relevant in making a determination (or even relevant to the brace discussion in general).

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Language says rule would NOT affect braces objectively designed to conform to the arm for stability as opposed to those that are butt stocks.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a brace yet that didn’t make a provision for being strapped to your arm to help with stability because of your, you know, sore elbow and carpal tunnel syndrome and whatnot.

I mean, mine has a split rubber thingy and a Velcro strap that … pretty much would fit to my forearm when I’m having fitness problems with my right arm. I got it because of, um, a family history of tennis elbow and injurious beer stein lifting accidents. Objectively speaking. Otherwise that twelve pound CZ Scorpion Micro pistol would be hard to handle during joint healing episodes and the physical therapy sessions I do once a month at AGC, starting in Action Bay #4.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I read the whole thing, and am pretty sure the wording and scoring system is designed to make virtually every pistol with a brace a sbr.

I mean, you get dinged for having buis on the gun as if that is somehow relevant in making a determination (or even relevant to the brace discussion in general).

Their next rule change will be to make any pistol with a feature they deem "evil" an NFA item, braced or not.

Also the ATF claims that this rule change is to eliminate any vague or arbitrary language in their determination process for braces. So what do they do, they make the determination process even more vague and arbitrary. Makes total sense. :sad20:

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Language says rule would NOT affect braces objectively designed to conform to the arm for stability as opposed to those that are butt stocks.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a brace yet that didn’t make a provision for being strapped to your arm to help with stability because of your, you know, sore elbow and carpal tunnel syndrome and whatnot.

I mean, mine has a split rubber thingy and a Velcro strap that … pretty much would fit to my forearm when I’m having fitness problems with my right arm. I got it because of, um, a family history of tennis elbow and injurious beer stein lifting accidents. Objectively speaking. Otherwise that twelve pound CZ Scorpion Micro pistol would be hard to handle during joint healing episodes and the physical therapy sessions I do once a month at AGC, starting in Action Bay #4.

Damn, I think you got this one Nailed! 10/10…

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I always thought they were butt-ugly and made guns look like polio crutches, personally.

True. But guess what: it's a lot of fun to shoot a short little PCC in sub-gun mode without having to do the SBR Paperwork Of Insanity.

Uh, what I meant was, I'm glad that I'm able to overcome my disability and shoot my recreational target pistol with less acute pain and a great increase in safety for myself and those around me. Yeah, that's what I meant.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    The lack of a tax- free amnesty shows they think they can mushroom stamp the owners of three million guns (somehow eight million braces confirmed sold by the largest manufacturers results in only three million braced pistols) and not concede any ground.

How long until the Sixth Circuit steps in to tell them Chevron Deference yet again didn't apply to criminal law, and issues a nationwide injunction?

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Forgot to take mine out of the car.:sign07::sign07:

maxresdefault.jpg

-Rock

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    all will be gone!

(somehow eight million braces confirmed sold by the largest manufacturers results in only three million braced pistols)

5 million have already been lost in boating accidents.
    At this rate all of them will be lost before the ATF can go look for them.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    The lack of a tax- free amnesty shows they think they can mushroom stamp the owners of three million guns and not concede any ground.
    This. Of course, offering a tax-free registration period would overwhelm ATF's ability to process Form 1s.

But that form is 100% sham-show, designed to automatically classify any braced pistol as an SBR.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I have mine. It's the one in my avatar. I'll continue having mine. They can get f^cked.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Outside of everyone just switching to conventional stocks if the penalties are the same if the aft attachment on your firearm is deemed a brace or a stock. They are going to keep poking the bear. The left is trying to manipulate definitions to fall within existing laws because they know that they don't have the support to create new anti-gun laws. What they don't understand is that Republicans as well as lots of democrats don't support these anti 2nd Amendment shenanigans. This current regime is going to screw around just enough for this whole movement to blow up in their collective pasty faces and have the vast pro gun community rise up and overturn the 1934 NFA and the 1968 gun control acts. You can't change a definition to fit a law that doesn't exist!

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    just received email from Firearms Policy Coalition.

Today, the Biden DOJ officially released a notice of proposed rulemaking - announcing yet another unlawful ATF rule attacking pistol braces.

ATF Rule 2021R-08, entitled “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached ‘Stabilizing Braces,’” would redefine the word “rifle” in order to administratively reclassify brace-equipped pistols into NFA-regulated “short-barreled rifles” (SBRs).

This latest proposed rule by the ATF would, if enacted, radically expand the law and turn currently lawful pistol possession into a minefield of felony crimes.

In order to determine whether you have an SBR, the ATF intends to use an arbitrary "points" system.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Seems like it would be ripe for an ADA class action lawsuit. I wouldn’t mind being the lead plaintiff.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I didn't know until the documentary that Japan named the Yamato's Sister ship after Musashi. I had heard of the ship but just didn't put the 2 together at the time.

Yamato and Musashi were both named after Japanese provinces, like the two ships of the class that preceded them, Nagato and Mutsu. That was their naming convention. The documentary probably jumped to conclusions.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Kinda expected. They use BS criteria to make pretty much everything with a brace an SBR and turn several million gun owners into felons, all without passing a single law. If we allow that to go unchallenged, it's anyone's guess what they use to go after us next. Comment on the rule how you see fit, write reps, and help fund the effort to stop it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom