• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Religious conservatives have advanced a minority agenda. They haven't had the support of the majority for over 20 years. No Republican president or Senate majority has represented the popular majority since the 1980s. It is, at its core, an unsupported agenda.
    LOL, That is straight from the liberal talking points playbook. Conservative minority my pimply butt. The only liberal majority is in the corporate press and the lemmings that listen to them. I heard "the message" and for a few years, I even bought into it myself. I have actually opened my eyes and have seen the truth. I refuse to be intimidated by an obnoxious few. The current regime and their "progressive" news media propaganda machine are far from representing the majority.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    No Republican president or Senate majority has represented the popular majority since the 1980s. It is, at its core, an unsupported agenda.
    Unsupported? It's supported by the very language of the constitution. That's the whole point. Justices who look at the cases before them and rule in a way that actually respects the chartering document under which the country is designed to operate is "conservative" in the sense of "conserving the constitution and it's lawfully added amendments."

You're mad because California and New York don't get to run the entire country. It's a REPUBLIC of fifty states. Those are TWO of those fifty. The entire premise of the federal structure in the constitution is that mob rule is checked and balanced to prevent that. Inside those states, the mob gets considerable latitude to conduct affairs as they see fit. Hence the wonderland of dystopian homeless camps, squalor, kids walking to school through open drug markets, and rampant retail theft impacting those who don't live in gated communities with private security. Completely medieval. Practically feudal. But, that's how Californians want to live (not counting those that are fleeing to other states to escape what they've created). Our founders were brilliant, in preventing the large population of a state like California from casually subjecting the other states to their bad decision making just based on raw population numbers. That structure is the entire point of the constitution.

States get to have their simple majority head count popularity contests. Our republic was wisely built to contain such madness and builds a very high bar for that sort of contagion to cross.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Unsupported? It's supported by the very language of the constitution. That's the whole point. Justices who look at the cases before them and rule in a way that actually respects the chartering document under which the country is designed to operate is "conservative" in the sense of "conserving the constitution and it's lawfully added amendments."

You're mad because California and New York don't get to run the entire country. It's a REPUBLIC of fifty states. Those are TWO of those fifty. The entire premise of the federal structure in the constitution is that mob rule is checked and balanced to prevent that. Inside those states, the mob gets considerable latitude to conduct affairs as they see fit. Hence the wonderland of dystopian homeless camps, squalor, kids walking to school through open drug markets, and rampant retail theft impacting those who don't live in gated communities with private security. Completely medieval. Practically feudal. But, that's how Californians want to live (not counting those that are fleeing to other states to escape what they've created). Our founders were brilliant, in preventing the large population of a state like California from casually subjecting the other states to their bad decision making just based on raw population numbers. That structure is the entire point of the constitution.

States get to have their simple majority head count popularity contests. Our republic was wisely built to contain such madness and builds a very high bar for that sort of contagion to cross.
    You said it better than I would have. Thank you.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I have offered to write a note for tinnitus and hearing loss patients stating that in order to allow them to continue their hobby, a suppressor is medically necessary. I would ask the tax stamp be covered, too. Never tried, but I do wonder how this would be received by HSA/FSAs.

That’s probably the best I can do.
    When can you see me?

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I have offered to write a note for tinnitus and hearing loss patients stating that in order to allow them to continue their hobby, a suppressor is medically necessary. I would ask the tax stamp be covered, too. Never tried, but I do wonder how this would be received by HSA/FSAs.

That’s probably the best I can do.
    How about ADA?

lazybones

BANNED!!!
    Mar 25, 2022
    The current regime and their "progressive" news media propaganda machine are far from representing the majority.
    My comment was based on the popular vote during the last 5 nation election cycles. Your comment may be true also but it doesn't invalidate my comment.

lazybones

BANNED!!!
    Mar 25, 2022
    The entire premise of the federal structure in the constitution is that mob rule is checked and balanced to prevent that. Inside those states, the mob gets considerable latitude to conduct affairs as they see fit. <exposition deleted>

It is only mob rule when it disagrees with you. The same mob rule is apparently fine at the state level when it is a mob that you agree with.

None of this really changes the original point which is the current constitutional interpretation is due to a swing in the court that occurred in a single term. A swing that reversed 100 years of legal precedent. The same thing could happen in reverse undoing all these same decisions.

Dred Scott was constitutional law at one time and it resulted in the Civil War.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    When can you see me?
    I’m in Free America until next week. Missoula, MT has a gun shop that offers curbside pick-up. Anytime after that. I can’t promise it would work, I doubt this is something they’ve ever heard.
    How about ADA?
    I think that would work. It would be a court case, don’t you think? A good one at that.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I’m in Free America until next week. Missoula, MT has a gun shop that offers curbside pick-up. Anytime after that. I can’t promise it would work, I doubt this is something they’ve ever heard.

I think that would work. It would be a court case, don’t you think? A good one at that.
    It sounds like a reasonable accommodation to me, don't you think?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It sounds like a reasonable accommodation to me, don't you think?
    I really do. You can enjoy a lifelong hobby, and protect your hearing. For those with hearing loss, a suppressor and standard ear plugs brings just about everything down to a hearing safe level. This is much more protection than just plugs or muffs alone. I can show data on earpro to support this.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    It is, at its core, an unsupported agenda.

My comment was based on the popular vote during the last 5 nation election cycles. Your comment may be true also but it doesn't invalidate my comment.

It does invalidate your comment. What really eats you up is that you actually know that I am right, at your core, and not the leftist ministry of media propaganda. The left is not the majority. To start with, a solid thirty percent of folks don't vote at all. The regressives have made such a mess of their party that they probably only represent less than ten percent of our country. Most democrats just vote the way their parents did or the way they think they will look cool in front of their friends (thanks to a twisted social media), and the rest of the votes are fraudulent, just bought or stolen.

Last edited:

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016

BREAKING NEWS: ATF To Have Amnesty Period For AR/AK Pistols​

As much as I hate the idea of registering and still don't like this, I guess it can't hurt to take a free stamps on braced pistols already registered with Maryland. I know registration is just a first step towards confiscation but I suppose that not taking the "free" stamp with items that required a 77R is asking for a visit?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    As much as I hate the idea of registering and still don't like this, I guess it can't hurt to take a free stamps on braced pistols already registered with Maryland. I know registration is just a first step towards confiscation but I suppose that not taking the "free" stamp with items that required a 77R is asking for a visit?
    I have Sooooo many braced lowers…..

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    so, if i register my ar pistol with the brace, can i just swap the brace out later for a full stock? gratis.? no additional paperwork? aka sbr = sbr, full stock or brace making no difference?

(not a md resident, speaking about the federal part)

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    so, if i register my ar pistol with the brace, can i just swap the brace out later for a full stock? gratis.? no additional paperwork? aka sbr = sbr, full stock or brace making no difference?

(not a md resident, speaking about the federal part)

I'm no lawyer and it would seem so but I would not be shocked if they decided that a braced pistol was slightly different category and tried to force you to keep the brace out of spite.

One question I have is that if I am going to be forced to get into the NFA game while in MD, if I would be able to set up a trust for this or if they would require the forms to be filled out as an individual to qualify for the amnesty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom