• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • happyghost

MDS Supporter
    Jul 15, 2013
    Hi all, I am delaware resident and going to my uncle's 20 acres farm in MD. I understand that certain firearms are not legal in MD. I have an uzi and tommy guns that I want to practice. I am going to bring them in my locked gun cases. As I am a non-resident, can I still shoot those guns in a private property?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Full auto?
    Make sure you have your ATF paperwork with you and have notified them that they will be traveling out of state to Maryland

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Full auto?
    Make sure you have your ATF paperwork with you and have notified them that they will be traveling out of state to Maryland

Delaware does not allow full auto so moot point for a Delaware resident.

happyghost

MDS Supporter
    Jul 15, 2013
    Full auto?

They are non NFA guns and i heard that uzi pistol is not legal to own in MD. I want to know if i can shoot that in private property. And how about 30 rd magazine?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    And how about 30 rd magazine?

You can bring your 30-round mags with you and use them. You cannot sell, give, or otherwise transfer them to anyone else while you're in MD. Doesn't mean you can't hand YOUR gun with a 30-round mag (or just the mag) to the person next to you for an $18 mag dump. But it's gotta stay yours, and it's gotta leave with you when you go.

And semi-auto Uzis - as pistols or rifles - are banned in MD, by name.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yes, if the currently banned rifles were purchased prior to Oct 1, 2013, they are legal to bring into the state and use.

If they were purchased on or after Oct 1, 2013, it is illegal to even bring them into the state.

Pistols are a different list and dates. They have to have been registered in MD prior to August 1, 1941

Section 4-303. Assault weapons – Prohibited.
    (a) In general. Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, a person may not:
    (1) transport an assault weapon into the State; or
    (2) possess, sell, offer to sell, transfer, purchase, or receive an assault weapon.
    (b) Exception.
    (1) A person who lawfully possessed an assault pistol before June 1, 1994, and who registered the assault pistol with
    the Secretary of State Police before August 1, 1994, may:
    (i) continue to possess and transport the assault pistol; or
    (ii) while carrying a court order requiring the surrender of the assault pistol, transport the assault pistol directly to
    a law enforcement unit, barracks, or station, a State or local law enforcement agency, or a federally licensed
    firearms dealer, as applicable, if the person has notified a law enforcement unit, barracks, or station that the
    person is transporting the assault pistol in accordance with a court order and the assault pistol is unloaded.
    (2) A licensed firearms dealer may continue to possess, sell, offer for sale, or transfer an assault long gun or a
    copycat weapon that the licensed firearms dealer lawfully possessed on or before October 1, 2013.
    (3) A person who lawfully possessed, has a purchase order for, or completed an application to purchase an assault
    long gun or a copycat weapon before October 1, 2013, may:
    (i) possess and transport the assault long gun or copycat weapon; or
    (ii) while carrying a court order requiring the surrender of the assault long gun or copycat weapon, transport the
    assault long gun or copycat weapon directly to a law enforcement unit, barracks, or station, a State or local law
    enforcement agency, or a federally licensed firearms dealer, as applicable, if the person has notified a law
    enforcement unit, barracks, or station that the person is transporting the assault long gun or copycat weapon in
    accordance with a court order and the assault long gun or copycat weapon is unloaded.

Uzi pistol is on the Assault Pistol list, so cannot be brought in.

The Uzi rifle and carbine are named on the banned long gun list. So if purchased on or after Oct 1, 2013, you may not bring into the state. I don't see the Thompson on either list.

But there are also the copy-cat requirements.

happyghost

MDS Supporter
    Jul 15, 2013
    Thank you so much sir for your input. So basically i can't bring in any gun which is not legal to MD. But I can use 30 rd magazine as long as I keep it to myself.

Yes, if the currently banned rifles were purchased prior to Oct 1, 2013, they are legal to bring into the state and use.

If they were purchased on or after Oct 1, 2013, it is illegal to even bring them into the state.

Pistols are a different list and dates. They have to have been registered in MD prior to August 1, 1941

Uzi pistol is on the Assault Pistol list, so cannot be brought in.

The Uzi rifle and carbine are named on the banned long gun list. So if purchased on or after Oct 1, 2013, you may not bring into the state. I don't see the Thompson on either list.

But there are also the copy-cat requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom