• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Next time you catch him on your property, take him(may have to use some persuasion) to a secluded portion and have him start digging a hole. Tell him he had ample opportunity to mind his own business, but chose to invade your privacy. After he pisses himself, allow him to leave with the understanding that he never again sets a foot on your property, or anything you think is yours.

Credit given to a scene from Yellowstone for the idea.

Or if not bear traps can’t you use a razor wire fence?

Attachments

• 271A8BED-F71C-4D12-85B9-DDF3DB570CAC.jpg
      271A8BED-F71C-4D12-85B9-DDF3DB570CAC.jpg
      76.9 KB · Views: 829

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    if he is truly crazy you won't be able to reason with him. I would look into how you can have him committed again. As long as he is somewhere close by there's a chance something bad can happen. Not a good situation to be in. Good luck and keep us posted.

RichardTerp95

Jun 1, 2021
    Check the paperwork you received at settlement when you bought the property. There should be a survey. You'll need to look at it and see if it is a Boundary Line Survey or just a House Location Survey. It's probably just a house location survey so the property lines shown will be close to accurate but not precise. Also pay special attention to any of the surveyor's notes shown on the survey in reference to that particular property line. That may give you a starting point at least. A stakeout to verify the exact property lines if a Boundary Line Survey was not already done can run you a few hundred bucks. I'm a title abstractor by trade and can take a quick look in the land records for you to see if anything was recorded when he partitioned the property. Feel free to private message me if you need help.

Vodnik4

Between two waters
    Jan 8, 2021
    Slower, lower MD
    Definitely first step is to get the property line staked by a legit surveyor. Not cheap, $1k-$2k, depending on the length and number of stakes, but you will have something on record. If the neighbor starts that BS again, invite him to get his own survey and challenge your surveyor in court.

We have a similarly crazy neighbor, got the property line only on his side staked, and just put up a fence with green stakes and 5’ high rolls of galvanized wire (~$1/ foot).
    The neighbor is kinda getting the idea.

Second, and the hardest part, don’t engage with him. This kind of bored coots will latch onto anyone new to tell their crazy talk, and don’t understand boundaries. Just firmly tell him every time that you are busy, and if on your property, tell him you didn’t invite him.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I watched a movie last night where a prison veteran prisoner went into a new cell with a newer prisoner. He just stared at the guy and said "So, are we going to F*** or fight"?The other guy was speechless and just stared at him.

It set a tone, you may want to give that a go next time he comes over trespassing

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Get a survey. Put up "no trespassing" signs on every single tree along the property line.

Every single time he comes over, just repeat this:. "I am not inviting you onto my property. Please leave immediately and do not come back."

Don't even engage or listen to the property argument before the survey.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Life's too short to have a neighbor like that, especially on a parcel that otherwise seems like a little bit of heaven. Given his violent past with his own son, I'd probably write it off as a bad decision and extricate myself, unless he can be permanently relocated so as to not cause ongoing worries. I don't know how to do that.

Sirex