• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Chantilly does claim to be back to normal for this show, 18-20 June at the Dulles Expo Center in VA. If you are able to volunteer please send an e-mail to events at marylandshallissue with a .org

Chantilly Gun Show
    Dulles Expo Center
    Friday - Sunday, 18-20 June
    4320 Chantilly Shopping Center
    Chantilly, VA 20153

Show open to the public:
    Friday - 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM
    Saturday - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
    Sunday - 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Friday 18 June
    1:00 - 5:00 PM
    1. ShafTed
    2. Julio B.
    5:00 - 8:00 PM
    1. ShafTed
    2. Julio B.

Saturday 19 June
    9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
    1. Biggfoot44

1. Biggfoot44
    2. Justin N.

Sunday 20 June
    10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
    1. DC-W

1. ShafTed
    2. DC-W

If you're a first-timer, there is good info here:

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...ry/4-public-documents/56-msi-show-primer-2018

Volunteers get free admission to the show. (And there's nothing to prevent a little shopping before or after your shift.) Another thing worth mentioning, some vendors, upon seeing you have a vendor badge, will give a few $$ off a purchase. Not all vendors will do this, but it could be an added bonus for volunteers.

MSI now also has a volunteer incentive program, if you volunteer for a total of four shifts at gun shows (all day Saturday or Sunday counts as two shifts) you will get a FREE membership renewal!

Last edited:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Off topic, but I think that's ok on MDS. My "buddy" wants an AR10. They aren't regulated in MD. Can he buy one in Chantilly and bring it back to MD, or does he need to transfer it to an FFL in MD? Thanks and sorry.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Off topic, but I think that's ok on MDS. My "buddy" wants an AR10. They aren't regulated in MD. Can he buy one in Chantilly and bring it back to MD, or does he need to transfer it to an FFL in MD? Thanks and sorry.

Short answer...yes. "He" can buy it in VA and bring back to MD directly. Just make sure your "buddy" has two forms of ID that shows his address in MD. I've heard some VA dealers don't always bother with that but to make sure do so.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Legal, yes. Some of the VA dealers don't want to deal with MD's BS and say no sale to MDers but there are others who understand & will happily take $$ from MD. If one dealer doesn't want to sell to you, step across the aisle and try again.

IANAL, but I do know that under fed law long guns can be purchased across state lines at any FFL as long as the item for sale is legal in both the state where the sale takes place and the home state of the buyer. FWIW there are always several VA FFLs who advertise that they have MD compliant rifles. Handguns do have to be transferred to a dealer in the buyer's state, there are usually a couple of MD dealers there who will accept transfers.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Going to Chantilly this weekend. Looking for an AR10 in 762. Is this just a NICS, or do I need to transfer through an FFL in MD? If' they'll sell it to me with just the NICS I won't worry about the FFL.

Both threads say yes. :)

As ShafTed noted, if one says 'no', just move on to the next one. :thumbsup:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Both threads say yes. :)

As ShafTed noted, if one says 'no', just move on to the next one. :thumbsup:

OK that's what my FIL did a few years ago. Got a lower from one guy who wouldn't sell a whole rifle, then bought an upper from another guy. This was like 7 years ago so a little different but it was post 2013 BS so not that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom