• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    FINALLY was able to give this a try. I loaded up 50 rounds with 140gr powder coated SWC into 38spl and 3.4gr of Clays
    I just shot at steel at 25 yards. They did fine and noticably cleaner
    These are pics after 28 rounds
    f0b73bc86754cba46a587e242720b810.jpg

88a18386e0badbd0d24354df6c1e6127.jpg

2499e71a3951c279230108d5787dbf9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Loaded up about 40 rounds of 38spl w/ 140gr swc powder coated pills using Universal. I'm going to hopefully shoot this week and compare to the Clays results.
    Took some guests w/ my Son Sunday and we shot the revolver at the end with the dirty Bullseye loads. Accurate as all heck but man, the clean up took a while.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Loaded up about 40 rounds of 38spl w/ 140gr swc powder coated pills using Universal. I'm going to hopefully shoot this week and compare to the Clays results.
    Took some guests w/ my Son Sunday and we shot the revolver at the end with the dirty Bullseye loads. Accurate as all heck but man, the clean up took a while.
    I've got some Universal but I have yet to use it for anything - the plan has been to use in in place of Unique as a cleaner burning alternative. From what I've read, it's cleaner, but performance is danged near identical.

MTplinker

Dec 30, 2021
    Annapolis
    Universal for .38 special target load

How true. The entire Clays line, Clays, Universal, and International all burn very clean. I use Universal and my case are clean inside and out.

I tried Universal for its burn rate in my 38 SPL target load with X-treme 158 gr SWC. Gave me great groups in my 4.2 inch barrel GP100 and you’ll find it burns clean. At lower/ start loads you might find some flakes in the spent brass, but it’s clean burning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom