• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Just hours ago, on the evening of 24 April 2013, a handful of middle aged white guys with graying breads and sparse hairlines met in an Irish pub to discuss the politics of the day. It has been said that this sort of thing has happened before.....

This day our talk was of the task that lies ahead, and we came to the momentous decision that it was to soon to make any momentous decisions save one --- no task this huge can be shirked. The duty is as clear as the task is large. I have said it before and will state it again now -- Freedom is my Birthright. It is the birthright of every American. Our task, then, is to guide our fellow citizens to claim this vision as their own. This is the grand idea that makes America exceptional, nearly unique, in the history of the world. We all know this, and now we must teach others. --- This will take time, and it will take resolve and those who met this day have pledged both.

We are planing to meet next month, and by then we will be more than a handful --enough I trust to start to retake district 42 in the name of Freedom in 2014. Please join us. While it is to early to post our thoughts in public, you will have not missed so much that you can not be caught up in a single round of drinks.

The tree of liberty grows again in district 42.

Last edited:

ENT Shooter

Aug 21, 2011
    Towson Maryland
    Excellent meeting. Thoroughly enjoyed meeting you all in person. Many good ideas came forth that may someday provide nutrition for the growth of 42nd District's Liberty Tree. Agreed that the roots must strengthen before the foliage can bloom. Our return to legitimate freedom a going to be a process to be sure and we cannot waiver. As it has been written "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another", we will grow and make each other strong.

Brooklyn you are for sure our Poet Laureate. I'm in lock step with you brother.

Many great ideas from history have sprung forth around a tavern table.
    Looking forward to next months meeting.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    My thanks to all who were able to attend yesterday evening's launch of our efforts in District 42. I look forward to seeing you all and more folks at our next discussion session. This will be a long road. Spending some time mapping out our route will be well spent.

And sipping a Guinness in the company of staunch 2A supporters ain't a bad way to spend an evening. ;)

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I wish I could have made it last night, I had other family obligations. I'm down in Parkville, but we're solid 2A supporters so I'm going to put my energy into helping district 42 fight for liberty.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Nice to meet up with you guys, and maybe we can get more participation/ interest in the coming months. We need someone to run against the current guy! Cheers.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Enjoyed meeting everyone last night. Lots of good ideas & info freely flowed. Agree that more participation is needed. Many great social & political movements have started slowly before gaining momentum.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Hello All.

I just spent four hours at the Timonium Gun Show speaking with some gun shop owners and every day folks. I was passing out some of my business cards and trying to explain the 2014 Switch goals.

People looked at me as if I had a third eye. After some time had passed, I checked to see if I had my tinfoil hat on, but I didn't. So it must have been the topic. Three people out of ten actually understood what I was trying to say and they agreed with idea. The other 70 percent looked at me with a strange kind of blankness in their eyes.

One lady threw a card back at me and said she would never vote for a Democrat. I tried to explain that she wouldn't be voting for a Democrat, but that she would be voting against the Democrats that are for Gun Control. Her blank stare turned to anger.

MOST shop owners wanted to remain A-political so they won't offend the Democrats that come to their shops. They refused to take any cards. My omnipotent streak got the best of me and I tried some more splain'in, but it was not sinking in.

I don't doubt that a few folks thought I was some form of underground, Democratic operative who was sent there to confuse them and then report back to Democrat Mission Control. I guess others have tinfoil hats as well.

I became dejected and to make myself feel better, I bought myself a stainless steel Ruger mini- 14 with a bird cage, bayonet lug, black stock, and three 20 round mags. I told the shop owner that Chris Mathews and Joe (turncoat) Scarborough from MSNBC said I could buy it without a background check because I was buying it at a Gun Show. It would appear that MSNBC was incorrect because I had to do paperwork and they had to call NICS.

I finally figured out that most people would rather loose an election than do what needs to be done to win an election.

Actually, and I hate to say it, but I think most people are decidedly dumb or clueless or both.

We have a long row to hoe.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Hello All.

I just spent four hours at the Timonium Gun Show speaking with some gun shop owners and every day folks. I was passing out some of my business cards and trying to explain the 2014 Switch goals.

People looked at me as if I had a third eye. After some time had passed, I checked to see if I had my tinfoil hat on, but I didn't. So it must have been the topic. Three people out of ten actually understood what I was trying to say and they agreed with idea. The other 70 percent looked at me with a strange kind of blankness in their eyes.

One lady threw a card back at me and said she would never vote for a Democrat. I tried to explain that she wouldn't be voting for a Democrat, but that she would be voting against the Democrats that are for Gun Control. Her blank stare turned to anger.

MOST shop owners wanted to remain A-political so they won't offend the Democrats that come to their shops. They refused to take any cards. Again, my omnipotent streak got the best of me and I tried some more splain'in, but it was not sinking in.

I don't doubt that a few folks thought I was some form of underground, Democratic operative who was sent there to confuse them and then report back to Democrat Mission Control. I guess others have tinfoil hats as well.

I became dejected and to make myself feel better, I bought myself a stainless steel Ruger mini- 14 with a bird cage, bayonet lug, black stock, and three 20 round mags. I told the shop owner that Chris Mathews and Joe (turncoat) Scarborough from MSNBC said I could buy it without a background check because I was buying it at a Gun Show. It would appear that MSNBC was incorrect because I had to do paperwork and they had to call NICS.

I finally figured out that most people would rather loose an election than do what needs to be done to win an election.

Actually, and I hate to say it, but I think most people are decidedly dumb or clueless or both.

We have a long row to hoe.

Never use a hard sell. D42 does not benefit as much from Dino so we need to be mindful of that.

Bottom line, ideas before politics. Always. And rember the election is a very long way off for most people... much to soon for the hard sell....

Glad you went I got stuck elsewhere, but may drop by tomorrow.

Do not use a hard sell... ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom