• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    so i have a spare barreled action. Nothing particularly remarkable. saw a youtube vid on a 16.5" MN with a nice long eye relief shotgun style scope. Sacrilege and Treason to some, i'm sure, but it is essentially a few spare parts. Has anyone here done something similar?

127.jpg

dancnr

Jul 27, 2011
    Washington County
    How did you cut the groove in the stock under the bolt handle? I have been trying to figure out how to cut a a finger groove in a stock for another project and I'm not sure what to do. After re-reading is this something you plan to do?

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    i could take these parts and build another mosin, which i have several. i know, each is unique in its own right. I usually don't like buba'd milsurps, but Dave91 said it well, I don't hate this. In fact it's kind of tight.

i agree on the muzzle brake, I'd go for something like on my M1A socom.

stock photo from interwebs
    IMG_0401.jpg

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    Would love to have seen that one before chopping, very interesting receiver, kind of a cross between a hex and a round. Anyhow, have a similar one being done by a gunsmith now, with composite stock though.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Upon my viewing of the MN scout it's apparent ya' fergot one thing. You need a detatchable 20 or 30 round mag for it. With that hefty 3 position selector switch on the back of the bolt I'm sure that gun goes through five rounds in about 1/2 second then the mag is empty.:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom