• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    You are forgetting that it's you that let the dems win here in MD, and it's you who chose to stay here.

I can't blame them for not selling parts anymore than I can blame PSA for not shipping ammo to my home in MoCo.

I am forgetting nothing. I got here long after the Dems ruined this state and not everyone can pack up and leave overnight.

Only one of those things is against the law (ammo delivery in MoCo and Annapolis, I believe) so yes, we can and should blame them.

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    Once a distributor ships a product to an FFL their liability ends. The products is now the property of the FFL and his/her responsibility to lawfully sell. These dopey distributors don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. I have to regularly, send them a "highlighted" copy of the SB281 text and regulations and them counsel their legal department, finally I sign an affidavit/hold harmless document and then they ship whatever I want.

Ungermc

Uses Gun-oil Aftershave
    I heard an unsupported rumor that O'Malley and his thugs had contacted major resellers and basically warned them that MD will pursue legal action against any vendor selling items prohibited under SB281. Vendors aren't going to decode SB281, they'll just put a big red stamp on shipping to Maryland. I have stuff delivered to a PA address or I wait and pick things up at shows as they come around...major PITA, yes...but if I can legally own it, they aren't going to stop me getting it.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    OP, I would call Sportsman's Guide, I think this is just an error. I just placed an order, and I added a barrel, BCG and another LPK to my cart. They all went through fine. But the DPMS comes up restricted to Md. I doubt only DPMS parts are banned, it looks like a error on their end.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    OP, I would call Sportsman's Guide, I think this is just an error. I just placed an order, and I added a barrel, BCG and another LPK to my cart. They all went through fine. But the DPMS comes up restricted to Md. I doubt only DPMS parts are banned, it looks like a error on their end.

I called and he was rather rude, spoke to me like I was a commie.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Normally I love Sportsmans Guide. However, last week I was doing online training at work, and on our break I noticed a email for free shipping from them. I ordered a couple boxes of PPU 7.62x54r from them, and applied the coupon code. It said it would be applied when the order was processed. So, a few days later, I got the ammo, with shipping tacked on, $10.99, still not super horrible. But for a couple boxes?? I emailed them, and they said it was only good for apparel, not ammo. I looked all thru the ad, and clicked on the coupon limitations, and just said it couldn't be combined with any other coupons or offers, nothing about ammo. I emailed them, and I am waiting for another repsonse.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    You guys crack me up sometimes. I've never seen so many customers jumping over each other to defend businesses with high prices, abusive customer service, and/or stupid corporate policies, but we do that on MDS almost every day of the week. Would you tolerate this kind of BS from any other type of business?

Sportsman's Guide doesn't want to ship things to MD that are perfectly legal? Screw 'em. I'd send a polite email informing them that there's no legal reason why they can't ship LPKs to MD and that I will not be patronizing their business again unless the policy is changed.

Buying stuff from businesses who do this is like voting for the politicians who passed SB 281. That's how capitalism works - businesses serve you, you vote with your dollars.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    You guys crack me up sometimes. I've never seen so many customers jumping over each other to defend business with high prices, abusive customer service, and/or stupid corporate policies, but we do that on MDS almost every day of the week. Would you tolerate this kind of BS from any other type of business?

Sportsman's Guide doesn't want to ship things to MD that are perfectly legal? Screw 'em. I'd send a polite email informing them that there's no legal reason why they can't ship LPKs to MD and that I will not be patronizing their business again unless the policy is changed.

Buying stuff from businesses who do this is like voting for the politicians who passed SB 281. That's how capitalism works - business serve you, you vote with your dollars.

AMEN!!

subzero

Jun 14, 2013
    You guys crack me up sometimes. I've never seen so many customers jumping over each other to defend business with high prices, abusive customer service, and/or stupid corporate policies, but we do that on MDS almost every day of the week. Would you tolerate this kind of BS from any other type of business?

Buying stuff from businesses who do this is like voting for the politicians who passed SB 281. That's how capitalism works - business serve you, you vote with your dollars.

True

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Yep, that is how Capitalism works. SG is serving me pretty darn well and I'll happily continue to buy from them. Again, many of you sound like Obama voters who claim from their keyboards to know more about running a multi state sporting goods vendor than the people actually doing it to pay their mortgages and put food on their table. Just my $.02.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I don't really care either way because personally I think they sell crap parts.

I'm just having a hard time figuring out the love affair Alphabrew has with Sportsmans guide.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    They have some great stuff and sometimes great prices.

But like any vendor, they also have some things that are priced higher than other vendors, and they have some stuff that is not as well made as other similar items.

As for their not shipping certain parts to MD that are legal, if you boycott EVERY vendor that has policies that don't match the actual MD laws, there are a LOT of vendors you need to also boycott. Like PSA, like Bud's Guns, to name a couple. And MANY more.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Tried ordering a dpms lower parts kit this morning and they would not ship it to here.

Screw You SG

edit

I got a $15 off coupon from the NRA. Is there a way to contact the NRA and let them know one of their vendors is screwing a State. The guy quoted the SB281.

Which specific lower kit did you try to order ?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    You guys crack me up sometimes. I've never seen so many customers jumping over each other to defend businesses with high prices, abusive customer service, and/or stupid corporate policies, but we do that on MDS almost every day of the week. Would you tolerate this kind of BS from any other type of business?

Buying stuff from businesses who do this is like voting for the politicians who passed SB 281. That's how capitalism works - businesses serve you, you vote with your dollars.

Wow, SG has high prices, abusive customer svc? In all the yrs I've done business with them I've seen neither.

But I encourage everyone else to boycott them and all the other businesses that are fed up with Maryland's laws........

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom